• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
  3. Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast

User Info: model3

model3
2 years ago#1
Long live Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast!

One of the very best Sega arcade racing games for the home!
XBL & PSN: AM2Model3
DaytonaUSA XBLA/PSN AfterburnerClimax XBLA/PSN L.A.Machineguns Wii

User Info: Noobsaibot_21

Noobsaibot_21
1 year ago#2
It lives!!! :)

We are now as far removed from the Time OutRun 2 came out as we are from the difference between the Original and Outrun 2. Time for Outrun 3, Sega!!!

I've started to play Outrun 2 again and am hitting the leaderboards :P
https://www.speedrun.com/outrun2#Time_Attack_Mode
King....... Of the kingdom of "Other Europe"

Noobsaibot_21
1 year ago#3
Seems that even the PAL release of Xbox C2C has spiked in value. I am not sure why - I recall the US version being rare even around release but the PAL version was really common. Thankfully, I have a few copies though really, there's no harm in soft or hard modding your Xbox at this stage. Not like Microsoft are going to ban it from Xbox live or anything :)

User Info: MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola
1 year ago#4
I found the manual for this game in a bin at a game store for 50 cents before I ended up getting super lucky and finding the game complete for 30 dollars in the wild. This was went Outrun 2006 was only around 50 though.
"GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site." ~ CJayC

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 year ago#5
I own this on PS2 but still very good.

User Info: triple_lei

triple_lei
10 months ago#6
Why is this game so expensive omg

I got the PSP version but that wasn't exactly easy to get either.

User Info: MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola
10 months ago#7
triple_lei posted...
Why is this game so expensive omg

I got the PSP version but that wasn't exactly easy to get either.
It was mostly made as an expanded port of OutRun 2 for the PS2. The 360 had already been out for almost half a year so they made very little Xbox copies.

Fun fact this game looks worse then OutRun 2 compared to both Xbox versions.
"GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site." ~ CJayC

User Info: sparticusjoe

sparticusjoe
9 months ago#8
Skyscrapers, Milky Way, and Cape Way are the only things stopping me from being a master of this game. No matter what I do, I just absolutely cannot do those three maps anything resembling well. Interestingly enough Skyscrapers is WAY easier in reverse than forewards.

Noobsaibot_21
8 months ago#9
It's finally here!!!!

Outrun 2SP has it's own, distinct category on speedrun.com
Start getting your time attacks ready - unlike the Coast 2 Coast game on that site, I have set up all the categories:

Normal AT & MT
Tuned AT & MT
TA in OR mode AT & MT

I hope the old crew see this and come join us (Shadow is already there). Isamuu? AM2Model3? F40? RJay63? Spence? HeyPeterMan? Anyone else I forgot? Get in on this

AVIT!
https://www.speedrun.com/outrun2sp
  1. Boards
  2. OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
  3. Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A