• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: VirtuaRacing

VirtuaRacing
10 years ago#11
model3,

Thanks to you I found it very hard to play OutRun2006 tonight. It's always looked awesome, but now it looks crap after looking at your BAD BOY Screen. :)
I pulled the scart lead out an did the trick on our PAL machines to set it all up for component 480p widescreen on my 32" CRT and it still didn't look as good as I thought. Messing about with the colour and lighting for ages and I even put my 360 on to run another copy side by side with HDMI LCD to make sure my eyes were not playing tricks. As it turned out default CRT setting was fine lol.

Its gona take me a couple of days for my eyes to adjust to what it was used to seeing haha! :)

haha! All the messing about with cables, screens and stuff has made me wake up to the fact that National Park might be the stage to class all your OutRun screens by. I always thought the colours of this stage looked a bit strange on PS2 - very golden yellow and a real deep and dark blue. Via component those colours really shine on this stage on xbox. You dont really notice it using RGB scart. A very colour sensitive stage like no other is National Park. Not even on OutRun2SP deluxe screens do you notice these colours... Very aged now those arcade screens on SP mind.

I want OOA here and now just to see what it looks like over the xbox version on my screen. :)
XBL Gamertag: F40

User Info: model3

model3
10 years ago#12
VR: glad you are enjoying outrun 2006. = ) once OOA hits, I will be beside myself. ; ) If i remember from before, you like playing in 4:3 mode, and that is cool, the original arcade ratio. Since Sumo was awesome & put 16:9 wide mode in Outrun2&2006, it is a great view to take advantage of, even if it changes some of the HUD. Playing both games in wide480p since 2006 and lovin' it!! It really shows off the insane draw distances and beautiful scenery.

have a great weekend!!
XboxLiveGamerTag and PlaystationNetwork: AM2Model3
w5665295013175199@wii.com

User Info: isamu

isamu
10 years ago#13
Nice pics Model3, thanks for posting them :)

OR 2006: Coast2Coast city here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info: Outrun2SP

Outrun2SP
10 years ago#14
I want to own some Sega arcade cabinets like Outrun, Daytona, Scud Race, Outrunners, Crazy Taxi, Sega Rally and Outrun 2SP. The problem is I live in an apartment in New York City, I just don't have the space. This can only be achieved if I move to the suburbs, maybe one day when I get sick of city life. Right now, I enjoy the city life. :D

model3
10 years ago#15
I wonder if DarthSol got to see my screen fotos?

Sol: This is your Sumo Digital game, displayed in all its Sega-arcade-heavenly glory! = )

User Info: VirtuaRacing

VirtuaRacing
10 years ago#16
model3,

I emailed Darthsol a couple of days ago and he's not been back. He could be very busy, on holiday or off work because of illness. He does when he gets the time have a snoop.

Last week the UK saw its heaviest snowfall in like 18 year and because of this the country was not ready for it. Up north from me in Sheffield, the land of the rising Sumo they got hit hard and I mean a weeks worth of snow on top of ice on top of snow. Here in the south it was all over in 2 days. In the south of England we get most of our weather from your side of the pond and if its warm air coming over then we in the south see no snow at all. Less that 50 miles up the road the weather can be totally different.

In Soutampton where I am we have 2 sea tides a day. This is because of the Isle of Wight to the south of us. Goes in one side and out the other creating two tides. The Isle of Wight has been known to take some bad weather and by the time its reached us things have calm down some what. ;-)
XBL Gamertag: F40

model3
10 years ago#17
thanks VR for that update. it is interesting learning the weather patterns in the UK!

I did hear about your 18 year record snow, i'm sorry you guys got that!

my fiance is over there as well, so she sent me lots of fotos of the snow!

cheers & have a great weekend!!

User Info: ShiggsThe3RDMiX

ShiggsThe3RDMiX
10 years ago#18
OutRun2SP, do you know of any open arcades besides Dave & Busters in NYC? All of the ones I frequent closed down.
We're meeting G over there...
Thanks, G!

User Info: Outrun2SP

Outrun2SP
10 years ago#19
Shiggs the 3RD MiX posted...
OutRun2SP, do you know of any open arcades besides Dave & Busters in NYC? All of the ones I frequent closed down.
---
Thanks, G!

Sadly, the only other arcade I know is Chinatown Fair in Cninatown. Chinatown Fair is old, it's dirty, it's smelly with many weird people too. They mostly have fighting games, only a few racers, if you want to play Street Fighter 4 with bunch of weird smelly guys then I recommend Chinatwon Fair. :)

User Info: ShiggsThe3RDMiX

ShiggsThe3RDMiX
10 years ago#20
Thanks. I'll look it up and check it out. :)
Thanks, G!
  • Topic Archived