• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wild ARMs 5
  3. Looking to buy this game.

User Info: Dark Wyvern

Dark Wyvern
3 years ago#21
First of all, the items aren't missable, so you don't need to (and aren't meant to) get them right away at the earliest possible time. Second, you're right, some items / treasures are used for side-quests, but again, when you come back once the game gives you the right tools you'll need, those chests will be right there waiting for you. You're acting like they magically disappear. Do you really need your hand held every step of the way? Do you even enjoy playing games, or do you spend most of the time reading a FAQ while simultaneously playing a game? "Splits FAQ tells me ..." ... his way isn't the only way to play the game. God forbid you give it a shot on your own, heck, you might even enjoy it more that way. You can still be a completionist and not follow his FAQ.

You're kidding right? The Detector is a "bullet" tool that is available to use when in dungeons which acts exactly like the Radar from previous entries, it should be used in every room. To not even recognize that this is in the game really makes me believe you didn't play it at all.

What about the people who didn't use a FAQ at all and were able to figure it out? Really, you're grasping at nothing and it's starting to get embarrassing. Splits lack of an acceptable description for you personally is the games fault? If you had just talked to everyone in the game (another common staple in RPG's) this wouldn't be a problem at all.

If you can't decipher the description of the Badges, then I think all hope is lost. Most of them couldn't be any more specific.

Well, at least you've finally conceded something. Please don't ever play the original Legend of Zelda. If you ever give the game another chance, I would start a NG+, at least it will be a little easier on you the 2nd time around.

User Info: SheenavsKilley

SheenavsKilley
3 years ago#22
Yeah, I spend most of the time reading a FAQ while simultaneously playing a video game
How to be a completionist without following his FAQ? Impossible

Last time I checked, the detector isn't as good as the radar from WA3 so I decided to forget its existence

Talking to everyone? You actually do this? I can't memorize which persons I have talked to if the area is so large like in this game. I don't do this "talking to everyone" anymore, I stop doing that as I get older. I used to talk to everyone in Suikoden games, I stopped doing that for Suikoden 5 though

So you think I should give up on this game?

Yeah, I'm giving the game another chance, I'm gonna familiarize myself with the environment first, I get lost too easily in this game because the world map is not accurate. Getting lost while trying to go somewhere is another thing that makes me hate this game, it happens way too often to me
I guess I'll do NG+ later, I can't stomach another playthrough. I think it'll be much better to understand how to solve every puzzle in all the dungeons first. Also to keep note of which cameo characters Split's referring to and write an accurate description here on the board

I'm currently in another town and these are the PS2 games I bring with me
Spider-man 2
Chaos Legion
Kingdom Hearts 2
Final Fantasy X
Silmeria
Kessen 3
Wild Arms 5
Call of Duty 3

I'm supposed to finish the challenges on Spider-man 2 but I'm giving up at the moment because it's too hard and the buttons on my controllers aren't in perfect condition anymore
Your signature contains 2 line breaks, the maximum allowed is 1.

Dark Wyvern
3 years ago#23
Yeah, I spend most of the time reading a FAQ while simultaneously playing a video game
How to be a completionist without following his FAQ? Impossible

Wrong. Someone had to do it, someone had to find the secrets and write the FAQ. What about before the internet? What you call impossible, I call lazy and not trying.

Last time I checked, the detector isn't as good as the radar from WA3 so I decided to forget its existence

Wrong. It's just as good if not better, as it located more than just treasure. The fact that you forgot its existence is laughable.

Talking to everyone? You actually do this?

Yes, welcome to JRPG's. If it's not your thing maybe a game like Mario Kart is more up your alley.

I can't memorize which persons I have talked to if the area is so large like in this game. I don't do this "talking to everyone" anymore, I stop doing that as I get older. I used to talk to everyone in Suikoden games, I stopped doing that for Suikoden 5 though

That sounds like a "you" problem, not a game problem. It's ok if you want to be lazy, but then don't hate or play games that make you put in some sort of effort to complete all optional content. If you want everything handed to you, check out Zelda: Skyward Sword, you'll be getting so many unsolicited hints every step of the way I think even 'you' might get sick.

So you think I should give up on this game?

Based solely on the fact that you don't even remember the Detector but still feel like you have enough knowledge to criticize the game? Yes, I think you should. Lets not even get into the fact that you can't understand Badge descriptions, will not play without a guide, will not talk to NPC's, etc... etc... If you do give up though, do us all a favor and also stop hating on a game that you don't understand how to play.

Yeah, I'm giving the game another chance, I'm gonna familiarize myself with the environment first, I get lost too easily in this game because the world map is not accurate. Getting lost while trying to go somewhere is another thing that makes me hate this game, it happens way too often to me
I guess I'll do NG+ later, I can't stomach another playthrough. I think it'll be much better to understand how to solve every puzzle in all the dungeons first. Also to keep note of which cameo characters Split's referring to and write an accurate description here on the board

Good luck with that. Seriously, do it without a guide next to you. I imagine getting lost while having an extremely linear mindset must be frustrating. Look around, free yourself from a guide, the direction you are supposed to go is obvious on the world map, then just walk in that direction and let the topography guide you in the right direction. There's absolutely no reason to ever get lost when you're only allowed to travel in one certain area at a time.

I'm currently in another town and these are the PS2 games I bring with me
Spider-man 2
Chaos Legion
Kingdom Hearts 2
Final Fantasy X
Silmeria
Kessen 3
Wild Arms 5
Call of Duty 3

I'm supposed to finish the challenges on Spider-man 2 but I'm giving up at the moment because it's too hard and the buttons on my controllers aren't in perfect condition anymore

You're quite the anomaly. You claim to be a completionist, but you don't want to put in any effort to do everything a game has to offer. You must hate FFX. Monster Arena? Sphere Grid? Celestial Weapons? Optional Bosses? All of that requires an absurd amount of time compared to a 100% Wild ARMs 5 play-through.

SheenavsKilley
3 years ago#24
I love FFX, it's an awesome game, I've done everything in the game. Everything is recorded nicely for FFX, the people on FFX boards are also very helpful unlike this board which is dead

I'm stuck right before the final boss on WA5, I can't return to Filgaia. Do you know how?

The direction to get somewhere is not obvious, there are lots of places that the map shows to be unpassable but actually is passable. And these passable paths are placed so randomly, there's not any hint it's passable, sometimes you even need to use Asgard

Dark Wyvern
3 years ago#25
It should come as no surprise that one of the more popular entries of the greatest selling RPG series of all time has a board that is more active than this one.

If you really are at the final battle you should have the Exodus Orb. Using this warps you to the entrance of any dungeon. If you don't have it and are in the final dungeon (Tower: O), then I would keep going until I got it, then use it. Once you get it (and if you choose to warp out), there will be a warp crystal available the next time you go back in that will take you right back to the 15th floor, so you won't have to make the climb again.

I'm sorry, but the direction to go on the world map 'is' obvious. Pull up the world map, if the circled point of interest is northeast of you, exit the world map screen, point your compass northeast, and just walk. Don't pull up the world map again. You sound like you're literally abiding by what you see on the map and can't think past it. Just! Walk! Let the topography guide you. If you see a crevice in a mountain, follow it. If you see a dead end, you've missed a path that you should have taken. It's that simple. The world map is not a maze in this game.

SheenavsKilley
3 years ago#26
Tower O is not the final dungeon, the world map is called Locus Solus

Dark Wyvern
3 years ago#27
Right, but we're talking about the point of no return, which is that crystal on top of Tower: O. If you've saved after that, I hope it was on an alternate file. Otherwise you'll need to finish the game and start over.

SheenavsKilley
3 years ago#28
I'm on Cocytus, can't get the bridge to show up.

SheenavsKilley
3 years ago#29
I can't remember what those invisible red crystals that you can shoot are used for

Dark Wyvern
3 years ago#30
The bridge in Cocytus warps around, allowing you access to different parts of the dungeon at different times.

The red crystals recover a small amount of MP for everyone.

Honestly, that FAQ you hate is actually really, really good. You should check it out sometime. Especially when it comes to floor by floor instructions of where to go.
  1. Boards
  2. Wild ARMs 5
  3. Looking to buy this game.
  • Topic Archived