• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wild ARMs 5
  3. Inconsistent Hi-Blast Damage?

User Info: MystearicaGrant

MystearicaGrant
4 years ago#1
So, playing through this recently, I have to ask: What is with Blast and Hi-Blast being so wild in damage?

I can use an Earth elemental Hi-Blast against an Aquadingen(Earth Weak, Flying, 410 RES) in Abyss, and with 999 MAG, I deal about 5600 Damage.

I can use any elemental Hi-Blast against Ragu O Ragla(811 RES), and with 999 MAG, I deal about 8000 damage, 10,000 or more with a good Chain going.

These damage numbers seem... backwards. Ragu has nearly double the RES, has no Attribute, has no weakness or resistance, yet he takes nearly double the damage?

Both cases are with Rebecca using Dual Cast, and the damage is consistent with any particular enemy. I also get numbers similar to the Aquadingen against other Abyss enemies, like Vubo and Backbaird.

Anyone has any ideas?
Spell card! Diamond Will ~ Unbreakable Determination!

MystearicaGrant
4 years ago#2
I'm not a fan of bumping, but I'm even less of a fan of letting a topic die without any response x.x

MystearicaGrant
4 years ago#3
Does anyone even visit the board any more? This is kinda depressing, having to bump a thread twice in the hopes of a response :(

User Info: ShionJrCitrine

ShionJrCitrine
4 years ago#4
I wouldn't know, but I wonder if the Hi-Blast you're doing to Ragu is critical(if you can even hit criticals with magic). Criticals do take quite a bit as you reach higher levels or gain more atk power. And Aquadingen doesn't have anything that protects him from his weakness? Why isn't Aqua's weakness fire?

MystearicaGrant
4 years ago#5
I don't think Criticals could be the case. The damage numbers I gave were consistent with every casting, and no use of The Omega badge in either case, mainly because I didn't have it on Rebecca. Every casting of Hi-Blast was dealing around the damage I listed.

The game itself says that Aquadingen are weak to Earth, and the damage numbers change to match, compared to other elements. Unless Flying reduces magic, or Aquadingen has traits not shown, it shouldn't take less damage.

User Info: m_robbins

m_robbins
4 years ago#6
I don't think flying enemies have an inherent resistance to magic, just a weakness to shoot, and possibly a resistance to non shooting attack commands.
"The day I listen to reviewers, is the day they stop giving terrible games like Call of Duty 9's and 10's across the board." Krauser86

User Info: cha0sFaqs

cha0sFaqs
4 years ago#7
you didnt happen to have the chick badge or sheriff star equipped for Ragu did you?

MystearicaGrant
4 years ago#8
I think Rebecca had Sheriff Star on in both cases. Does Chick/Sheriff do something to weaken Ragu?

At this point, I might be forgetting, but her equipment should have been identical for both damage counts.

User Info: cha0sFaqs

cha0sFaqs
4 years ago#9
chick badge and sheriff star will greatly increase the damage done by elemental attacks (its not in the description but yah), so if you had it equipped for one fight but not the other, it'd explain the difference
  1. Boards
  2. Wild ARMs 5
  3. Inconsistent Hi-Blast Damage?
  • Topic Archived