• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wild ARMs 5
  3. Wild ARMs VS Wild Arms

User Info: SyberiaWinx

SyberiaWinx
10 years ago#1
For those who have been debating the title-though I know most of the people who have it wrong are crazed Wikipedia editors who haven't ever played the games,-XSEED has finally issued an official statement, which is available via email. I can forward it to anyone who wants to see for themselves, but here are the contents:

"Please excuse the late reply as I'm in Japan right now attending the Tokyo
Game Show, but it is officially spelled as "Wild ARMs" since ARM is an
acronym; I think it was Ambient Reorganization Material in Wild ARMs 4, but
can't remember off the type of my head on the others.

The legal lines spell it in all caps "WILD ARMS" just for simplicity."

http://ruleoftherose.proboards104.com/index.cgi-The best and largest Rule of Rose forum out there!^^

User Info: WolfeyesVIII

WolfeyesVIII
10 years ago#2
There's debate over that? >_> It's really not that big a deal anyway. ARMs or Arms, it gets the point across.

Secondly, still putting down people that don't agree with you? Honestly, wiki ain't the most reliable source in the world but if "most" of the editors never played the games I doubt they'd be bored enough to actually take the time to edit the articles. Keep up these sweeping generalizations and one day someone's going to call slander
I'm a GIRL damn it!
Currently playing: SMT-Nocturne (PS2) and Disgaea 3 (PS3)

SyberiaWinx
10 years ago#3
You really shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about. There are a pair of trolls hanging out on Wiki who are editting the Wild ARMs articles solely to attract attention. And when someone says something to one of them, they get accused of being a duplicate account of someone else and get blocked. And just to clarify, both users have ADMITTED that they don't play the games. It's not just Wild ARMs either. They're friends with a couple of admins, so they've been getting away with a bunch of disruptive edits. It's got nothing to do with disagreeing, and it seems you only said that to try and start another flame war, as there was nothing to suggest as much in my post. Also, "Arms" would completely change the meaning and would NOT get the same point across. In the future, don't even bother replying in topics I make if you can't be civil.
http://ruleoftherose.proboards104.com/index.cgi-The best and largest Rule of Rose forum out there!^^

WolfeyesVIII
10 years ago#4
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

WolfeyesVIII
10 years ago#5
^I find it hard to believe that considering EVERYONE that disagrees with you get labeled a troll. And ANY TIME it doesn't go your way you say "it's because they're friend!" or "that group of people are just friends!". Oh, and let's not your talent for conveniently leaving details out when you talk about something, so yeah, pardon me if I'm rightfully skeptic to any accusations you throw about anyone. Even if it's suposedly not about disagreeing you're throwing accusations right now.

In terms of actual words, writing Arms instead of ARMs all the time is just a matter of "simplicity", like when WILD ARMS gets all capitalized. When people hear Arms OR ARMs in regards to Wild ARMs people know what's being talked about and the meaning doesn't change.

For someone going "BE CIVIL!" calling someone "crazed" is hypocritical (nothing new there).

Lol, "flame war"? I've responded to posts/topics with you in it before like on the WA XF board (such as one VAs) and haven't done a thing. If I were that bored I'd be more likely to go watch paint dry (or go work on my sociology homework...which is pretty much the same). All I'm doing is a) surprised anyone would argue between Arms and ARMs and b) responding to what looks like you painting someone as "trolls" like you always seem to do. You've never given me any reason to believe anything you say about other people so I refer to the above, "so yeah, pardon me if I'm rightfully skeptic".

Honestly, you COULD just put me on ignore. But then you wouldn't be able to snap at my lovely posts (not that it matters, said my peace, and I've got thanksgiving dinner and have to run).
I'm a GIRL damn it!
Currently playing: SMT-Nocturne (PS2) and Disgaea 3 (PS3)

SyberiaWinx
10 years ago#6
Just get lost. You only posted in this thread to try and start something, just like you always do. It's pathetic.

I don't frankly care what you do or don't believe, because you're no different from those trolls on Wiki. People like you and them don't care what is true or if you are doing things that are wrong-you just do things to annoy people. The capitalization completely changes the meaning of the title. And in the end, it doesn't matter if YOU think it is important. It's the proper title, and it was solely changed just so a couple of trolls could lure out more people to harass. And if you don't believe me, you can see for yourself. Create an account on Wiki, head to the talk page for the series, and join in the discussion stating you support "ARMs". It's almost guaranteed you will instantly be accused of being a sockpuppet and end up blocked within a couple of days. I've seen it happen countless times, which is why I refuse to create an account on there.

1. Boards
  2. Wild ARMs 5
  3. Wild ARMs VS Wild Arms
  • Topic Archived