• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. Virtual Console Aspect Ratio
jonathandies16 2 months ago#1
So basically when I play a vc game on Wii, it’s all fine except for that it’s stretched out to widescreen. I know it isn’t supposed to look like this, what do I do? I use a 16:9 tv with my Wii set to 16:9. Whenever I go into the quick menu it has my Wii on 4:3 setting, but when I go to the Wii menu, it’s back to normal at 16:9.
when the runny yolk pops
BlanketPI 2 months ago#2
I'm pretty sure it is supposed to look like that. I also have my Wii set to 16:9, and the VC just stretches accordingly. What I do to make VC and Gamecube games (other than those with 16:9 settings) look more like what they originally did is set the television to display at 4:3. I don't know if yours can do that, though.

For that last sentence, are you saying that if you set the Wii to 4:3, then running VC sets it to 16:9? Because that would be unusual. I've tried that before and I'm pretty sure it sticks to 16:9, though I can try again to check, because it might be normal behavior. (It might automatically change the setting according to your television.)
"Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable." - G.K. Chesterton
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. Virtual Console Aspect Ratio
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A