This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. Latest Wii Purchases

User Info: EnvyFox

EnvyFox
3 weeks ago#1
Looks like the last thread on this topic got archived almost two months ago. I know people still buy Wii games so I'm re-opening the subject. Come in and tell us your latest Wii purchases. Games, consoles, add-ons and accessories are all good to go here.

As for me, I picked up a copy of Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution (complete) for $3 at a pawn shop. Can't test this one out since my Wii and Wii U are both in storage but I'm a big fan of Clash of Ninja 2 on the GameCube so, as long as they didn't botch the gameplay up from that one, I'm happy to have Revolution in the ol' collection.

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
3 weeks ago#2
Red Steel 1 for $4 CIB
Skyward sword CIB for $7 (version with the soundtrack cd)
And I feel like I overpaid for this one but the Arcade hits pack: -gunblade ny and la machine guns for $32 CIB (I really wanted this for a while and figured it was time)

User Info: FeiBenares

FeiBenares
3 weeks ago#3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up for $10 new
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Fanboy - http://tinyurl.com/ar7gbuu, Fanboy Wars- http://tinyurl.com/au4nbkh

User Info: ColorBattle

ColorBattle
3 weeks ago#4
EnvyFox posted...
I picked up a copy of Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution (complete) for $3 at a pawn shop. Can't test this one out since my Wii and Wii U are both in storage but I'm a big fan of Clash of Ninja 2 on the GameCube so, as long as they didn't botch the gameplay up from that one, I'm happy to have Revolution in the ol' collection.

I love the Clash of Ninja/Gekitou Ninja Taisen series. If you didn't know, the first Revolution is a pseudo-port of both Japan's first Naruto Wii game Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX and the third Gekitou Ninja Taisen. It combined the aesthetic and roster from the third game with the newer combat engine in EX--which featured stage obstacles along with stage transitions--and retained the crisis mechanic. And it is the first Clash of Ninja to feature paper bombs. It also has the same Wii minigames from EX that were modified to suit the Revolution game's timeline as it is based on the early series and EX was based on Shippuden.

For better or worse, the first Revolution is a port that does its own thing with borrowed material. Revolution featured several newer characters but cut nine from the roster. Stage obstacles cannot be turned off, (just like in EX), combo cancelling is present, and the Story Mode is ripped straight from Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3. There's also some uninspired and unpolished Wii motion control straight from EX. One of the few positives is that despite Revolution's paltry roster, Kisame Hoshigaki was promoted to playable as he was NOT in any Japanese game until Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4. In my opinion, there's little reason to bother with the first Revolution title. Revolution 2 is abundantly superior in every aspect. That game is worth owning and features exclusive characters that have never appeared in the Japanese Wii games. At the time of release, none of those special Revolution 2 characters were in ANY Naruto game but of course, the Storm series would go on to include certain ones. After being (costly) secret characters in EX 3, Yugao Uzuki and Baki were promoted to playable in the final Wii game, Gekitou Ninja Taisen Special.

User Info: El_Dustino

El_Dustino
3 weeks ago#5
-Wii Sports Resort
-Sega Bass Fishing

Thinking about Reel Fishing: Angler's Dream, how is that one?
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
AC:NL Dream Address: 5700-3355-4304

User Info: TheBitBandit

TheBitBandit
3 weeks ago#6
El_Dustino posted...
Thinking about Reel Fishing: Angler's Dream, how is that one?

I really enjoyed Reel Fishing: Angler's Dream. Worth getting in my opinion (if you like fishing games, of course!)

El_Dustino
3 weeks ago#7
Thank you! I LOVED Fishing Resort, but like I worry that nothing will come close to it... how does Angler's Dream compare?

TheBitBandit
3 weeks ago#8
I rate Fishing Resort higher than Angler's Dream but I'd put Angler's Dream in the top 25% of fishing games for the Wii. It has legendary fish to catch, which not all fishing games have, and that's a big plus in my book. Like all games it takes a little while to get used to the controls, but I don't think I had any problems after I got used to them.

El_Dustino
3 weeks ago#9
TheBitBandit posted...
I rate Fishing Resort higher than Angler's Dream but I'd put Angler's Dream in the top 25% of fishing games for the Wii. It has legendary fish to catch, which not all fishing games have, and that's a big plus in my book. Like all games it takes a little while to get used to the controls, but I don't think I had any problems after I got used to them.

Sounds pretty good! Does it have a lot of fish to catch? Like I am sure it's not 214 like FR, but does it have a good amount, near 100?

TheBitBandit
2 weeks ago#10
El_Dustino posted...
Sounds pretty good! Does it have a lot of fish to catch? Like I am sure it's not 214 like FR, but does it have a good amount, near 100?

From memory about 40 or so.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. Latest Wii Purchases