D3 on Switch is Real, According to Eurogamer's Sources

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. D3 on Switch is Real, According to Eurogamer's Sources

User Info: Dimlhugiona

Dimlhugiona
4 months ago#1
Sauce: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-06-sources-yes-diablo-3-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch

Eurogamer sources have told us that yes - the project is very much in production. And as you might expect, the game will be a port of Diablo 3.

Our sources could not confirm whether the game's Reaper of Souls and Rise of the Necromancer expansions will be included - but at this point it would be surprising if they were not.

Apparently when Blizz tried to tamp down on the rumor mill, it was because Nintendo didn't want an official statement to be made that early:

while Blizzard frequently encourages speculation about its upcoming releases, Nintendo typically does not - and third-party Switch games have often been announced relatively close to their launch.

I own a Switch myself, and would probably consider buying a port IF it contained RoS + Necro AND we could play it offline. Thoughts?
We don't always want what we need or need what we want, but chasing needless wants at the expense of wantless needs leaves us forever wanting.

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
4 months ago#2
so far PS3 XB360 Xbone and PS4 have been offline so the Switch should be too. It should contain RoS for sure and probably the Necro but who knows on that one. Portable D3 and Skyrim.... The switch is becoming something for me to actually consider.
Disassemble Number 5

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
4 months ago#3
Dimlhugiona posted...
Sauce: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-06-sources-yes-diablo-3-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch

Eurogamer sources have told us that yes - the project is very much in production. And as you might expect, the game will be a port of Diablo 3.

Our sources could not confirm whether the game's Reaper of Souls and Rise of the Necromancer expansions will be included - but at this point it would be surprising if they were not.

Apparently when Blizz tried to tamp down on the rumor mill, it was because Nintendo didn't want an official statement to be made that early

Source sounds iffy, but if this is truly what Blizzard has been working on lately all this time.... jesus f***ing christ LOL.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
4 months ago#4
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
Source sounds iffy, but if this is truly what Blizzard has been working on lately all this time.... jesus f***ing christ LOL.

Why is this a problem?

Mad_Cow46
4 months ago#5
he's just mad that D3 is going to get more sales and his armchair programming skills don't let him understand that it's probably not that hard to get the code to run on other platforms by now. I mean Bethesda did it with Skyrim and that's a far more demanding game.
Disassemble Number 5

User Info: RSmit

RSmit
4 months ago#6
Yeah, so much for the "undisclosed Diablo project" some people thought for certain would be D4 this time for sure...
''You are, in fact, the man.'' - Jifted Kid
Owner of negative bolts in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando.

Mad_Cow46
4 months ago#7
I'd say they are more likely working on the Druid for D3 before we get remotely close to hearing about D4.
Disassemble Number 5

User Info: Eagleeyejack

Eagleeyejack
4 months ago#8
The fact we still can't play offline while console versions can is idiocy. Even if we had to do offline only characters to prevent cheating or something like that.
Feel free to Private message me if you want to speak to me.

User Info: GuiltyCrown

GuiltyCrown
4 months ago#9
Good news for those who has Switch.

User Info: SinIce

SinIce
4 months ago#10
so much for "maintenance mode"
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. D3 on Switch is Real, According to Eurogamer's Sources

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived