• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. The man behind the account hackings READ THIS

User Info: FindKenshi

FindKenshi
7 years ago#1
They're all caused by this
http://jesse.forthewin.com/

Little background before you roll your eyes and LOL @ that link

This man is the co-founder of lewt inc, the biggest 3rd party item sales website from Diablo 2. The man made hundreds of millions of dollars off of "black market" item sales, and his massive supply came from a never ending stop of exploits, hacks, insiders from Blizzard, and other sources.

If you doubt, even for a moment, if even a shred of you doesn't believe me, that there's this much money to be made off Diablo items, just look at this slipup from his partner in crime getting a little public spotlight time

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-business/headline-homes-find-out-who-bought-governors-club-home-29m-less-list-price

Back in 2009 Aaron Cicchelli, "listed as a contact person for d2legit.com", bought a $5,000,000 mansion. Now, anyone who was that much into D2 knows that d2legit.com is just another part of the large family of websites run by "lewt inc". Lewt is sorta like the Diablo mafia, and they make a LOT and a LOT of money feeding off the addiction of blizzard gamers.

So, the head hancho himself is offering anyone who can supply him Diablo 3 items $1M a year.

This bounty must have brought every single hacker, cracker, phisher, spoofer, scammer, and criminal out of the woodwork.

No wonder hundreds of accounts are getting stolen every day. It's all about the $$$ people.

Well, I've posted links for proof to back up each of my claims, draw your own conclusions. True I'm not presenting you the "how" but I'm definitely presenting you the why. These guys built fortunes around Diablo 2 trade... literally are filthy rich to the point where they're buying million dollar mansions (yet unmarried.. lol ironic?)... they do not want to see that business dry up. They'd do ANYTHING in the world to be able to keep Lewt running one way or the other on the rich new Diablo 3 market, including being the #1 supplier of RMAH items... 99% of them STOLEN.

And we can debate all day on whether lewt is their only business, I'm sure they were wealthy to begin with, as an operation that big takes investing I'm sure, but the moral of the story is, it is now a freaking empire for these guys and they can drop huge amounts of money on digital item sales.
From this day forward, I will troll no more forever.
17 JAN 2012

User Info: rockman11_z

rockman11_z
7 years ago#2
FindKenshi posted...
They're all caused by this
http://jesse.forthewin.com/

Little background before you roll your eyes and LOL @ that link

This man is the co-founder of lewt inc, the biggest 3rd party item sales website from Diablo 2. The man made hundreds of millions of dollars off of "black market" item sales, and his massive supply came from a never ending stop of exploits, hacks, insiders from Blizzard, and other sources.

If you doubt, even for a moment, if even a shred of you doesn't believe me, that there's this much money to be made off Diablo items, just look at this slipup from his partner in crime getting a little public spotlight time

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-business/headline-homes-find-out-who-bought-governors-club-home-29m-less-list-price

Back in 2009 Aaron Cicchelli, "listed as a contact person for d2items.com", bought a $5,000,000 mansion. Now, anyone who was that much into D2 knows that d2items.com is just another part of the large family of websites run by "lewt inc". Lewt is sorta like the Diablo mafia, and they make a LOT and a LOT of money feeding off the addiction of blizzard gamers.

So, the head hancho himself is offering anyone who can supply him Diablo 3 items $1M a year.

This bounty must have brought every single hacker, cracker, phisher, spoofer, scammer, and criminal out of the woodwork.

No wonder hundreds of accounts are getting stolen every day. It's all about the $$$ people.

Well, I've posted links for proof to back up each of my claims, draw your own conclusions. True I'm not presenting you the "how" but I'm definitely presenting you the why. These guys built fortunes around Diablo 2 trade... literally are filthy rich to the point where they're buying million dollar mansions (yet unmarried.. lol ironic?)... they do not want to see that business dry up. They'd do ANYTHING in the world to be able to keep Lewt running one way or the other on the rich new Diablo 3 market, including being the #1 supplier of RMAH items... 99% of them STOLEN.

And we can debate all day on whether lewt is their only business, I'm sure they were wealthy to begin with, as an operation that big takes investing I'm sure, but the moral of the story is, it is now a freaking empire for these guys and they can drop huge amounts of money on digital item sales.

Wow, I'm intrigued.
Currently rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader Gears of War 3.

User Info: GEKGanon

GEKGanon
7 years ago#3
Has the gaming community really become so insane they are legitimately accusing businessmen of being game mob bosses? That is a pretty epic claim. Besides the fact the guy has money, do you have any evidence to back up your suspicions? Or are we just going on a witch hunt now?
Steam Name: gekganon

User Info: saLUEtes

saLUEtes
7 years ago#4
I read earlier the hackings were some kind of rebellion by Chinese gold farmers against the RMAH - at the moment everyone has theories flying.

Without disrespecting you or looking deeply into this story, your claim does seem quite ridiculous - a multi-millionaire from hacking Diablo items is responsible because he's paying millions for all the items he gets?

Not to say you're wrong, but that does sound like one of those "friend plays a prank on gullible friend" stories (at face value).
One of the rational heads of the MapleStory board
Logic, Fairness and Impartiality

User Info: FantasyHerb

FantasyHerb
7 years ago#5
Hmm interesting, I'll give this a read when I'm at home
You keep looking, but you can't find the woods
While you're hiding in the trees

User Info: Rocco420

Rocco420
7 years ago#6
wow
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960696632

FindKenshi
7 years ago#7
GEKGanon posted...
Has the gaming community really become so insane they are legitimately accusing businessmen of being game mob bosses? That is a pretty epic claim. Besides the fact the guy has money, do you have any evidence to back up your suspicions? Or are we just going on a witch hunt now?

He's offering $1,000,000 a year for DIABLO 3 ITEMS. When he says supply he doesn't mean for himself. He means SUPPLY. As in to run an item sales website.

And yes, he's a businessman. His business is selling Diablo 2 items.
He states this himself, numerous times in his blog.

Read his entire blog.
17 JAN 2012

User Info: GEKGanon

GEKGanon
7 years ago#8
While we're at it, why don't we just say Bill Gates was running around Silicon Valley stabbing software developers with an icepick? You know, because if someone has money, they are clearly funding or involved with mafia-like activity.
Steam Name: gekganon

FindKenshi
7 years ago#9
saLUEtes posted...
Without disrespecting you or looking deeply into this story

Look deeply into the story then, and come back. Trust me.

Start with the second link if the first one seems too absurd.

This is a legitmiate release from the Press and it outright states

"Someone named Aaron Cicchelli is listed as the contact person for D2legit.com, a Web site that sells items related to the computer game Diablo 2."

And shows that he bought a $5M mansion. You can even look up the estate listed in the article and find it on Google Maps, look at satelite view it is a freaking MANSION.
17 JAN 2012

User Info: DamorahTalset

DamorahTalset
7 years ago#10
This is the first believable theory I've seen so far. It's a bit crazy but it could be true.
ZA WARUDO!
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. The man behind the account hackings READ THIS
  • Topic Archived