Gaming journalism and Entitled Children

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Gaming journalism and Entitled Children

User Info: confettistorm

confettistorm
5 years ago#1
It seems like gaming journalism has hit an all time low.
Most gaming sites state as if the sky is falling and no one is able to play at all within the first few days.
I personally have had very few problems other than having the server taken down for 30 minutes and minor latency issues. If these problems continue 1-2 weeks after launch, then maybe you have a point. It's less than 72 hours from launch and people are whining ALL day over the official forums. It's sickening... If it's down for half an hour, go do something more productive instead of throwing an online tantrum...

It's getting to the point where childish entitled brats are making so much noise that they drown out the more sensible and realistic people. I am ashamed and almost repulsed by my hobby as I am grouped with children with the mental age of kindergarden children would act is if they are all important and know everything.

I for one would love to have more strict laws to enforce ESRB ratings. This is an M rated game and ideally, there would only be people with the mental age of an adult to play this game.

User Info: Some_Guy555

Some_Guy555
5 years ago#2
+1
i7 2600K | GTX 590 | 16GB DDR3 Ram | Corsair Force GT 128GB SSD (x4) | Water Cooled

User Info: LordRazziel

LordRazziel
5 years ago#3
Ranting and raving gets more attention than being positive. I think that is a lot of it.
This way out, escaping velocity. Not just eternity, but Infinity. -Ryan Power

User Info: Quill_Rat

Quill_Rat
5 years ago#4
wurd.
-----
-------

User Info: Goods4188

Goods4188
5 years ago#5
Also +1... Well said.
PSN= Goods4188

User Info: BonnabinTheDire

BonnabinTheDire
5 years ago#6
you've heard the saying "squeaky wheel gets the grease"?
When life gives you lemons, too bad.

User Info: zcicecold

zcicecold
5 years ago#7
I disagree. Of course the world isnt perfect and there will be problems. We all know that. But if you expect people not to express their displeasure when a product they just paid for isn't working as intended, then I think you have a lot to learn about reality.

I do give Blizzard credit for doing what they can to fix issues in a timely fashion, but I don't think they deserve to be completely absolved of all blame. Clearly, their servers were unprepared (as usual, whenever they release anything) and at some point you have to admit that it is not the right way to do business.

User Info: WiNGSPANTT

WiNGSPANTT
5 years ago#8
It's funny you use the world entitled. Because in most cases a customer who pays for something is literally entitled to the goods or services promised. Especially when he or she paid up front.
My site: http://www.TopTierTactics.com
T3 is all about extremely serious competitive gaming news & opinion articles.

User Info: ima420r

ima420r
5 years ago#9
So no one should feel entitled to play the game that they bought? We should be fine with not being able to play a game that costs $60, a lot of money to some people, when ever we want?

I understand that there can be issues with games that require online connectivity, even after all the beta testing and alpha testing and everything. But, if they would have just left single player offline, everyone could play when they wanted. Plus, the servers wouldn't get overloaded from everyone wanting to play online and the people wanting to play online could.

It just shows that trying to stop hackers and pirates, and trying to make as much money as they can (the rl$ auction house is the reason they wanna stop hackers, no doubt) can hurt the players of the game by not allowing them to actually play.

I have gotten a few hours of play in, it's a great game, but more than once I have tried to play and wasn't able to. I have other things to do, but when I want to play I want to play. Whats so wrong about wanting to be able to play when I want? I bought the game, am I not entitled to play it?
He who is tired of Weird Al Yankovic is tired of life.
Tired of being fat? I am! www.ima420r.com

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
5 years ago#10
Look, another fool throwing the word "entitled" as if we did not deserve the right to be. As if our ENTIRE GOD DAMN SOCIETY did not rely on that.
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Gaming journalism and Entitled Children

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived