• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Item Durability

User Info: Freakazoid

Freakazoid
7 years ago#1
I've only played the open beta over the w.end... Never really encounter a durability drop...

So, what causes an item to lose durability in diablo 3?
(aside from dying, that is a given...)

does normal usage still cause it?
like swinging your sword and getting hit on your armors and shield?(what if weapons that are never used, eg: wizards / witchdoctor using only spells?)
Super-teen extraordinaire.

User Info: MMF_Legacy

MMF_Legacy
7 years ago#2
Just dieing as far as I know.
Neo_Rizer posted Children in third world countries don't even get the option of having a RMAH, you should be thankful you damn ingrate.

Freakazoid
7 years ago#3
so... it's really just dying...?
that's rather good to know.. :)

User Info: MMF_Legacy

MMF_Legacy
7 years ago#4
I can't give you a straight answer but I gots no where else to go..so...here i am...
Neo_Rizer posted Children in third world countries don't even get the option of having a RMAH, you should be thankful you damn ingrate.

User Info: rootbeer121

rootbeer121
7 years ago#5
No, your durability only starts to drop after you defeat the Skeleton King. It drops from hitting things and taking hits, as well as a 10% loss when dying.
Work Desktop: i7-2600k | 16GB DDR3 | PNY Nvidia Quadro 4000 2GB
Gaming Desktop: i7-2500k | 8GB DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI

Freakazoid
7 years ago#6
rootbeer121 posted...
No, your durability only starts to drop after you defeat the Skeleton King. It drops from hitting things and taking hits, as well as a 10% loss when dying.

any links to back this up?

User Info: Crazyguy4005

Crazyguy4005
7 years ago#7
I never died in the open beta and my durability on everything dropped after playing a while. Nothing ever got close to 0, or rather I never let anything get close to 0, but after doing maybe 7-8 runs it had dropped by about 10 on every piece of equip. I made every class and saw it in each class I played.

Normally you would think attacking, getting hit and dying would be the reasons to lose durability but who knows 100% if there is anything else.
3DS FC: 1418 - 6712 - 5855 : Crazy0taku
PSN: gistarune

Freakazoid
7 years ago#8
Crazyguy4005 posted...
I never died in the open beta and my durability on everything dropped after playing a while. Nothing ever got close to 0, or rather I never let anything get close to 0, but after doing maybe 7-8 runs it had dropped by about 10 on every piece of equip. I made every class and saw it in each class I played.

Normally you would think attacking, getting hit and dying would be the reasons to lose durability but who knows 100% if there is anything else.

Ah, i see.... thanks for that...

in that case, probably they will still make weapons lose durability for spell caster... sounds in line with "weapons being involved in whichever attacks you do" concept.. :P

User Info: mrchides

mrchides
7 years ago#9
I'm glad to hear its not only dropped by dying. I wonder if it will fall faster on harder difficulties.

User Info: Lo_Manolo

Lo_Manolo
7 years ago#10
mrchides posted...
I'm glad to hear its not only dropped by dying. I wonder if it will fall faster on harder difficulties.

I've read somewhere that inferno has a huge boost on durability death penalty
I play better when I'm high
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Item Durability
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A