• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VI Advance
  3. This is the best game ever

User Info: FuumaBandicoot

FuumaBandicoot
4 years ago#1
Anyone else agree?

User Info: Exkalipoor

Exkalipoor
4 years ago#2
Sure, why not.

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
4 years ago#3
Nah, BotW just came out. But this one was really good for its time, and didn't get nearly enough recognition.
poops I just farted a rant on your topic

User Info: LOLZuMadBro

LOLZuMadBro
4 years ago#4
I disagree, it's a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.
uMad?

FuumaBandicoot
4 years ago#5
LOLZuMadBro posted...
I disagree, it's a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.

Why

User Info: MachoPony

MachoPony
4 years ago#6
its a contender for sure, but there are plenty of other games out there that could take the spot too, final fantasy IV, chrono trigger, Ocarina of Time

OOt is my personal pick for greatest of all time because of how complete it is, but this game is fantastic too
Unofficial Hector Fanboy of all Fire Emblem Boards
Corrin did nothing wrong

FuumaBandicoot
4 years ago#7
zeldamasterkid0 posted...
its a contender for sure, but there are plenty of other games out there that could take the spot too, final fantasy IV, chrono trigger, Ocarina of Time

OOt is my personal pick for greatest of all time because of how complete it is, but this game is fantastic too

Is FF4 generally regarded great for its story & characters? I'm just curious (planning to eventually play through it at some point )

User Info: MeepleLardicle

MeepleLardicle
4 years ago#8
LOLZuMadBro posted...

...Donkey Kong sucks...

to Mods: THIS IS A REFERENCE TO A MOVIE! I AM NOT TROLLING! THIS IS MERELY HOW THE EXCHANGE GOES!
Stormblood Abridged: My subpar FF14 Parody!
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=6929.0

User Info: MachoPony

MachoPony
4 years ago#9
FuumaBandicoot posted...
zeldamasterkid0 posted...

Is FF4 generally regarded great for its story & characters? I'm just curious (planning to eventually play through it at some point )

the story and characters are honestly one of the best things about the game. Cecil in particular is one of the finest protagonists in all of FF
Unofficial Hector Fanboy of all Fire Emblem Boards
Corrin did nothing wrong

User Info: MeepleLardicle

MeepleLardicle
4 years ago#10
I'm going to have to beg to differ regarding FF4 character and plot. Remove the nostalgia and actually look at the characters.

I could go into a whole rant, but if you took a step back and looked at FF4's characters, you'd realize how little there is. For example, Cecil, this protagonist you hype? He stops having any sort of character work or growth 1/3rd of the way into the game when he becomes a Paladin. This may be hard to take in, but you'll notice once Mt. Ordeals ends, Cecil becomes pretty much just a generic stock "Good Hero Guy" and his character arc is finished. This is a really bad thing when he's a blatant central protagonist. He's not unlike-able, but he's also not well written once that event happens. He's also pretty much the best the game has to offer (no, not Kain; don't get me started on Kain's failures as a character in terms of writing.)

Plot is actually nothing special, let's be honest. It's literally "save the crystals" and when that arc is done it goes into...more crystal saving, and doesn't really do it elegantly, but rather comes off as clear padding because the game is too short otherwise.

I'll end there, but FF4's cast and writing is completely "for it's time." It has not aged well at all in this regard and cannot hold candle to really anything modern with half-competent writing.
Stormblood Abridged: My subpar FF14 Parody!
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=6929.0
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VI Advance
  3. This is the best game ever
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A