• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VI Advance
  3. Leveling and AP in world of ruin.

User Info: LordEphraim

LordEphraim
11 years ago#1
My main team's about 37, but I have Setzer's loaded dice, so I can do sizable damage to many mobs. I was wondering where I can level relatively easily.

Also, I know cactuars are great for AP, but can I fight them over and over again without summoning the giant cactuar? I don't think I can fight it yet.
Haris 4270 1700 3310 (Barbanacle, Corsola, Dweble)

User Info: kingbob808

kingbob808
11 years ago#2
On the island north of the Veldt where Gau's father lives, there is a forest full of dinosaurs. They give the most exp of any enemy in the game. However, it may be dangerous at your current level. On this same island, but outside of the forest, are other enemies who give decent exp, and drop/steal rare imp equips.
Spoilers above
PoGo Friend Code 8822 3437 8149

User Info: MajinKain0

MajinKain0
11 years ago#3

Also, I know cactuars are great for AP, but can I fight them over and over again without summoning the giant cactuar? I don't think I can fight it yet.

The giant cactuar, Gigantuar, is only encountered on a specific tile (the center tile in the lower left area) after you've defeated 10 regular cactuars, so just avoid that tile and you'll be fine.

On this same island, but outside of the forest, are other enemies who give decent exp, and drop/steal rare imp equips.

Just thought I'd add that with vanish you'll be immune to all of their attacks, except from a lone Tumbleweed.

User Info: Mickamania

Mickamania
11 years ago#4
AP: Go to The Fanatic's Tower; Equip Reflect rings and stay on the lower levels. No risk of Gigantaur, or getting destroyed by a Sand Storm.

XP: You can get decent XP just south of the Dinosaur Forrest; the monsters aren't too tough there.
Life is a game. So fight for survival and see if you're worth it.

User Info: VeghEsther

VeghEsther
11 years ago#5
Sandstorm = Thunder shields null it and that monster via Maranda's desert can be deathed for a instant kill or cast Stop on it.

I still prefer cactuars for the best AP though the room that contains the Air Anchor for Edgar via the Culstists Tower only contains 1 enemy the Magic Urns that never attack you (around 7 AP per battle) against those.

Exp Fixed Dice + Masters scroll against the T rex enemies (save after every battle).

As for the Tumbleweeds instant death (level 5 death) for example since those are level 50 enemies.

User Info: MeepleLardicle

MeepleLardicle
11 years ago#6
Slagworms are honestly not a big deal in the least. Various ways to not die to them:

-Wind immunity; Minerva Bustier and Thunder Shields are the two notable ones, but its not limited to that (Rages exist, as does Paladin's shield...for all that I wouldn't ASSUME someone has the latter). Wind Resistance works too as a supplement, especially paired with one of the below methods, if you don't have enough immunity to go around (for resistance, Force Armor, Force Shield, and Cat-Ear Hood are all options.)
-Casting Stop or some similar status they're vulnerable too (I think Sleep works on them), which causes them to not act (if you use Sleep, just don't use Physicals <_<)
-HIt them with Instant Death; I forget if they can counter on Death ala some enemies, or if they were programmed specifically to not too, but if you're afraid of that, use something like Banish, summoning Odin/Raiden, etc.
-Lots of Magic Evade. While 128% Magic Evade may not hit physicals anymore, but it still destroys Magic. This is noteworthy if you don't have enough Wind Immunity to go around.
-Alternatively, high Magic Defense works too. Granted, one of the premier Magic defense equips, Force Shield, gives lots of Magic Evade anyway, and twinking for Magic Evade is easier than Magic Defense for a number of reasons, but this option still exists.

Sandstorm is generally seen (if not ONLY seen) as a counter attack. Get around that, you're fine. Killing them is more efficient than the Cultist Tower, unless you're really trying to conserve levels; same amount of Magic Points with the occasional Cactuar = yay! the fact that both are worth 10k Gil a pop.

It mostly kills people cause they swing at Slagworms like they're conventional enemies, and suddenly they eat all these counters and die as a result, cause its NOT a trivial attack. But just because its potentially threatening doesn't mean there aren't easy ways around it if you know how to approach it.
Stormblood Abridged: My subpar FF14 Parody!
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=6929.0

LordEphraim
11 years ago#7
Also, I got the cursed shield, and was battling to purify it on Solitary island. I accidentally switched the shield for another, so does that mean the I have to restart all over again?

User Info: Strombada

Strombada
11 years ago#8
No, the shield counter doesn't reset.
Yang: My papa always taught me that you could solve any problem in life by throwing a barrel at it.
Edward: Your father was Donkey Kong?

User Info: VeghEsther

VeghEsther
11 years ago#9
Slagworms don't have a Death Counter attack move when it dies though if you used Mogs Desert Dance and it triggers the instant death effect (but the attack fails) it will counter with Sandstorm or its physical Crush attack.

LordEphraim
11 years ago#10
I'm at a good place with levels now, thanks, but I have one more question(The way I see it, better to just have one thread open, rather than three). What is the best way to steal in the Colosseum? There are some powerful relics from relatively easy enemies, but anyway I can force a steal/mug option?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VI Advance
  3. Leveling and AP in world of ruin.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A