• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy V Advance
  3. Gil Turtle Bestiary Entry
Angus M 3 months ago#1
Hello,

Just wanted to check and see if all three Gil Turtle fights (Gil Turtle Cave, Sealed Temple, Cloister of the Dead) share the same bestiary entry, #282. If you beat it in any of the three places, does it add to the counter for #282?

Thank you,

Angus M
Spanettone 3 months ago#2
no, it can't

raw translation from my faq:

monsters not present in the Bestiary cannot act as substitutes. For example, if you have not faced kuza beast 1 in world 2, its sheet will still not be unlocked if kuza beast 2 is eliminated at the phoenix tower. The only exceptions to this rule are Goblin 1, Jackanapes 3, Forza 2 and Necrophobe 2. By eliminating the first, card 001 will be unlocked while defeating the other three, who meet in the Cloister of the dead, will activate the cards 030, 247 and 308.
GameFAQs most prolific author (by size)
Ex-SOLDIER 3 months ago#3
Spanettone posted...
no, it can't

raw translation from my faq:

monsters not present in the Bestiary cannot act as substitutes. For example, if you have not faced kuza beast 1 in world 2, its sheet will still not be unlocked if kuza beast 2 is eliminated at the phoenix tower. The only exceptions to this rule are Goblin 1, Jackanapes 3, Forza 2 and Necrophobe 2. By eliminating the first, card 001 will be unlocked while defeating the other three, who meet in the Cloister of the dead, will activate the cards 030, 247 and 308.
Sorry didn't really understand that. So any monsters that appear in the CotD won't add up to the counter of the bestiary? Can't confirm this myself since I don't have a save file at that point right now. I am doing a challenge of maxing kills, so I was planning to max monsters that reappear in the CotD who are exclusive to World 1 or 2, or any missable dungeons. I will post an update soon on my topic about my progress.
Spanettone 3 months ago#4
Any monster that is NOT in the Bestiary doesn't share the same card & counter with the same one that is in the Bestiary: they are separates entities, even if they have the same name and the same sprite

I just checked this with Bandercoeurl (I had killed 34 of them, then I killed the one in the Phoenix Tower and the counter still says 34)
GameFAQs most prolific author (by size)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy V Advance
  3. Gil Turtle Bestiary Entry
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A