• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy V Advance
  3. Job ideas?[Spoilers!]

User Info: Storm_WHM

Storm_WHM
2 years ago#21
That's what these forums are for after all. :P

Everybody starts somewhere.
What did you expect? Get over it.

Storm_WHM
2 years ago#22
Oh, BTW. Chicken Knife has a 25% chance to Flee battle. (It can be one of the most powerful weapons in the game. But it can be annoying to use without specific set-ups.)

Special Attacks should bypass the effect. Dual Wield cam bypass the effect by equipping Twin Lance first and Chicken Knife second.

User Info: Peerlessly

Peerlessly
2 years ago#23
I just thought of this for Faris:
Freelancer
Attack
Dance
Blue Magic
(innate dual wield)

Obviously this set up won't be as good as Spellblade/RapidFire/dual wield, but it seems like a decent set up..with sword dance occurring 50% of the time at most with the rainbow dress. And also there is a chance of getting MP back as well.
Heck, maybe I'll use katanas with this setup.
(I love how the possibilities are endless with FFV. I think I love it more than FFIV to be honest.)

User Info: Some_Hoar

Some_Hoar
2 years ago#24
You're really overthinking this... you exactly can't go wrong in this game unless you're wasting time mastering extremely overcosted jobs early on (please don't sit in time mage for half the game for equip rods) or refusing to switch to something that just got the hot new spell/equipment, since you can use almost everything important just by being in a job in the first place. Might as well just try things out for yourself. Min/maxing is for near the end of the game when encounters regularly start throwing 10+ abp at you and occasionally require more thought than 'cast your strongest multi-target attack/status spell twice'

Meanwhile, you can get !Blue ninjas for 90abp as soon as you hit the fire crystal, which makes the game easier than rapid fire spellblade ever will... since that's one of the best setups for like 80% of the game and doesn't require a million abp and changing to freelancer.
oil rape is atrue nub

Peerlessly
2 years ago#25
The game honestly hasn't been too hard so far. I've just heard bad stories about Neo Exdeath, and I want to prepare accordingly so I do not screw up. I'm not even going to think about the superbosses. Spellblade/Rapidfire/DualWield is already gamebreaking, I think even without dualwield the setup would be semi-overpowered anyway. Hopefully I'll be fine.

Storm_WHM
2 years ago#26
Once you get to the third world the enemies change. You will notice that you were slaughtering enemies easily in world two, but then all of a sudden they just don't die as easily. That's why planning your build beforehand can be helpful so you don't waste too much of your own time.

Something like Rapidfire and Dual Cast can't be obtained by just switching classes. Both of them make the game much easier no matter how much you try and downplay them, because killing the enemy faster is always better. You don't necessarily need to go wild and master every class in the game, but some abilities will inevitably be good when you want to create unique builds.

----

World One: You can gain ABP quickly with Lightning Scrolls on Black Flames.
World Two: You can gain ABP quickly by using Level 5 Death on Objet d'Art.
World Three: You can gain lots of ABP with the Magic Pots in Pheonix Tower.

Until you enter the Void you can't really obtain ABP too quickly. Unless you run from every random encounter, you should gain a decent amount of ABP anyway.

Storm_WHM
2 years ago#27
Some_Hoar posted...
You're really overthinking this

Half the fun in games for some people is planning builds. Some people like to prepare beforehand and don't like winging it.

This doesn't mean they will use their final build all game, it just means they want to plan for it.

Storm_WHM
2 years ago#28
Peerlessly posted...
Spellblade/Rapidfire/DualWield is already gamebreaking,

There are alternatives to this build.

Rapidfire + Dual Wield + Quick

Peerlessly
2 years ago#29
Is the setup I mentioned earlier with Faris good?

Storm_WHM
2 years ago#30
Peerlessly posted...
Is the setup I mentioned earlier with Faris good?

Dance is a decent ability, but it's still random.

( You might get the same feeling you get with Iainuki, when it doesn't do what you want it to do. Just as long as you don't mind the randomness, then I don't see any reason why you couldn't use it. It's only 75 ABP to unlock Dance, so I would try it out and see if you like it. )
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy V Advance
  3. Job ideas?[Spoilers!]
  • Topic Archived