• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy V Advance
  3. Job ideas?[Spoilers!]

User Info: Peerlessly

Peerlessly
2 years ago#1
This is my first playthrough by the way.
I'm kind of not sure if the options I am picking for my characters are good. Basically, I want to make Bartz and Faris be my physical characters, and Galuf/Krile + Leena be my mage characters. Also, I don't want to make any of my characters use the same skill sets. Faris is also a utility character as well. I don't want my melee characters to use the broken spellblade/dualwield/rapidfire setup.

Bartz
Spellblade
Rapidfire/Doublehand/?

Faris
samurai
Blue Magic/Dual Wield/Steal/maybe Dance?

Galuf/Krile
Time Magic
Black Magic

Leena
Summoner
White Magic

Peerlessly
2 years ago#2
Revised Jobs*
Bartz
Spellblade
Rapidfire

Faris
Samurai
Dual Wield

Galuf/Krile
Blue Magic(or should I alternate between Time/Blue?)
Black Magic

Leena
Summoner
White Magic
(message deleted)

User Info: Storm_WHM

Storm_WHM
2 years ago#4
Barz -- ( Freelancer : Rapidfire / Throw ) -- ( Freelancer : Rapidfire / Guard )
Knight ( Guard / Cover )
Monk ( Counter )
Ranger ( Rapidfire )
Ninja ( Throw / Dual Wield / First Strike )

Faris -- ( Freelancer : Iainuki / Blue ) -- ( Freelancer : Iainuki / Steal )
Thief ( Steal )
Blue Magic ( Blue / Learning )
Beastmaster ( Control )
Samurai ( Zeninage / Shirahadori / Iainuki )

Leena -- ( Mime : Dual Cast / White / Summon )
Thief ( Steal )
White Mage (White)
Summoner ( Summon )
Red Mage ( Dual Cast )

Galuf / Krile -- ( Mime : Dual Cast / Black / Time )
Thief ( Steal )
Black Magic ( Black )
Time Magic ( Time )
Red Mage ( Dual Cast )

---

I like Rapidfire on both my Bartz and Faris but I personally never use Spellsword. Once you start using Rapidfire you will get so used to the speed, that you won't really like anything else. When you use Dual Wield you do have more damage but you do lose out on equipping a Flame Shield or Ice Shield.

Having Guard and Cover is actually a good defense against Gil Turtles and some bosses who are vulnerable to Berserk. It will make your party pretty much immortal to physical attacks when your allies are in critical condition, probably from resurrecting them with a weak revive spell or item.

Samurai with Masamune and Steal is a good combination at the start of battle. Set up your party to have a Time Mage use Return and you will have a faster time stealing from enemies.

White with Summon makes a really good combination of Offence, Defensive and Healing. Black with Time makes really good combos and a everlasting mana supply with both Osmose and Quick. Having Blue Magic on a different character than Summoner is good because of the Transfusion and Phoenix combo to resupply both HP and MP. The Mime will help you make the most out of your spell-casters by allowing you to use Dual Cast with two schools of magic. (This excludes Blue Magic though so that's another point why you shouldn't use it on your primary spell-casters.)

With this everyone has something elemental to use. ( Bartz with Throw / Faris with Blue / Lenna with White and Summon / Krile with Black and Time )
What did you expect? Get over it.

User Info: Storm_WHM

Storm_WHM
2 years ago#5
To get the most out of your ABP and inherited bonuses. (Both Bartz and Faris will have some flexible ABP room.)

---

Bartz
Jobs : Monk // Knight // Mystic Knight // Ranger // Ninja
Total : 3360 ABP // +26 STR // +14 AGI // +26 STA // +1 MAG

Faris
Jobs : Monk // Thief // Blue Mage // Samurai // Ninja
Total : 3195 ABP // +26 STR // +16 AGI // +26 STA // +23 MAG

Lenna
Jobs : Monk // Thief // White Mage // Summoner // Red Mage
Total : 3824 ABP // +26 STR // +16 AGI // +26 STA // +33 MAG

Krile
Jobs : Monk // Thief // Black Mage // Time Mage // Red Mage
Total : 3754 ABP // +26 STR // +16 AGI // +26 STA // +31 MAG
What did you expect? Get over it.

User Info: Calmlander

Calmlander
2 years ago#6
Bartz: Blue Mage with Mix!
Lenna: White Mage with Mix!
Galuf: Beastmaster
Faris: Thief

Enjoy crashing the enemies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuWkvyeAu0E
(message deleted)

Peerlessly
2 years ago#8
Storm_WHM posted...
Barz -- ( Freelancer : Rapidfire / Throw ) -- ( Freelancer : Rapidfire / Guard )
Knight ( Guard / Cover )
Monk ( Counter )
Ranger ( Rapidfire )
Ninja ( Throw / Dual Wield / First Strike )

Faris -- ( Freelancer : Iainuki / Blue ) -- ( Freelancer : Iainuki / Steal )
Thief ( Steal )
Blue Magic ( Blue / Learning )
Beastmaster ( Control )
Samurai ( Zeninage / Shirahadori / Iainuki )

Leena -- ( Mime : Dual Cast / White / Summon )
Thief ( Steal )
White Mage (White)
Summoner ( Summon )
Red Mage ( Dual Cast )

Galuf / Krile -- ( Mime : Dual Cast / Black / Time )
Thief ( Steal )
Black Magic ( Black )
Time Magic ( Time )
Red Mage ( Dual Cast )

---

I like Rapidfire on both my Bartz and Faris but I personally never use Spellsword. Once you start using Rapidfire you will get so used to the speed, that you won't really like anything else. When you use Dual Wield you do have more damage but you do lose out on equipping a Flame Shield or Ice Shield.

Having Guard and Cover is actually a good defense against Gil Turtles and some bosses who are vulnerable to Berserk. It will make your party pretty much immortal to physical attacks when your allies are in critical condition, probably from resurrecting them with a weak revive spell or item.

Samurai with Masamune and Steal is a good combination at the start of battle. Set up your party to have a Time Mage use Return and you will have a faster time stealing from enemies.

White with Summon makes a really good combination of Offence, Defensive and Healing. Black with Time makes really good combos and a everlasting mana supply with both Osmose and Quick. Having Blue Magic on a different character than Summoner is good because of the Transfusion and Phoenix combo to resupply both HP and MP. The Mime will help you make the most out of your spell-casters by allowing you to use Dual Cast with two schools of magic. (This excludes Blue Magic though so that's another point why you shouldn't use it on your primary spell-casters.)

With this everyone has something elemental to use. ( Bartz with Throw / Faris with Blue / Lenna with White and Summon / Krile with Black and Time )

I do like spellblade, though I can see how I wouldn't because of the usage of rapidfire. Besides, I don't want to severely break my game. A turn could be wasted setting up spellblade anyway. The combo you have for Faris regarding blue magic is pretty interesting. It definitely would be a hassle to put blue magic on a primary-spell caster.

Calmlander, I like your setups, but I don't want any of my characters to have the same abilities. And Beastmaster doesn't sound too useful outside of Control.
(message deleted)

Peerlessly
2 years ago#10
Actually, I think I'm going to stick will spellblade/rapid fire for bartz.
For Faris, I'll stick with what you suggested.

And is Dualcast really worth it? It seems like a lot of grinding to me, by the time I get it I will already be able to steamroll through the game probably. I don't want to severely break my game..at least not until the superbosses.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy V Advance
  3. Job ideas?[Spoilers!]
  • Topic Archived