• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect
  3. When do you lock out of Ashley romance
ChurroSolider 7 months ago#1
So I'm romancing Ashley in ME1 (first time playing the games) and she seems mad that I even talked to Liari, saying a scuttlebug thinks I like her. Does this lock me out of her route? I'm enjoying the game and dont want to start over if I dont have to
Distant_Rainbow 7 months ago#2
No, it doesn't.

But it does look like you'll end up triggering the event where Ashley and Liara both confront you and force you to choose between them.
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/77111212
AtrumMessor 7 months ago#3
Mass Effect is more forgiving than subsequent games (or any of the Dragon Age games) on this. There's really no way to "accidentally" lock yourself out of the romance you want. Even if you go full ham on flirting with both Liara and your Alliance option (Ash/Kaidan,) they'll give you the crisis conversation immediately after the debrief after your second main story planet (Therum, Noveria, Feros,) whichever order that may be in your playthrough. (Alternatively, it might be after your first main story planet after getting Liara. I actually don't know because I always go get my Adept first.)

Dragon Age: Origins did the crisis conversations too (and the trigger points were pretty early in the relationships, basically as soon as you openly declare interest,) but you took a big fat approval hit from whichever character you dumped. In this case, the conversation itself is awkward, and the next time you talk to Liara and your Alliance LI they'll reference it, but there's no approval system and no further dialogue is affected, so it seems the jilted lover just kinda gets over it pretty quick.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect
  3. When do you lock out of Ashley romance
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A