Is it necessary to do other missions in this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect
  3. Is it necessary to do other missions in this game?

User Info: kenshin899

kenshin899
2 years ago#1
I just started playing ME 1 but there are too many side missions i don't want to do them all its quite annoying but i heard that its important to do them because choices matter in this game, but i just want to play the main storyline and i don't want to waste time on other missions its quite annoying to do all of them so what should i do.

User Info: smeech8000

smeech8000
2 years ago#2
If you're playing the entire trilogy, you will want to complete as many side missions as possible for not only the carryover effect, but the fact that the experience will ensure you make it to level 50 (which is the level cap on an initial playthrough). You'll get better import bonuses when starting ME2 that way.

Keep in mind that these games (ME trilogy) have a lot of content - that is the nature of an RPG after all. If you're looking to triage which missions have the most impact later on in the series, LordTrinen put together a nice guide that gives a tight, minimal spoilers rundown of each mission in the series grouped by importance:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/684756-mass-effect-trilogy/faqs/69336
I don't feel tardy.

kenshin899
2 years ago#3
Thanks thats really helpful is there anything else like this which can help me out.

User Info: LordTrinen

LordTrinen
2 years ago#4
Thanks for recommending my guide, smeech. :)

kenshin899 posted...
Thanks thats really helpful is there anything else like this which can help me out.

You can always try the Wiki if you need more details about something specific. Just be wary of spoilers.

kenshin899
2 years ago#5
its ok i just need to know which missions to do i don't want to waste time doing all missions.

User Info: k4r6000

k4r6000
2 years ago#6
Make sure you do the VI mission on The Moon. You unlock your class upgrade that way. I would also strongly suggest doing Wrex: Family Armor. It becomes important later in the game.

If you are mostly interested in the story, I would also do the Admiral Kahoku quest chain. It doesn't directly affect the sequels in terms of choices, but it is the introduction to a storyline that ends up being a big deal in both ME2 and ME3.

Otherwise, mostly the side missions just add some flavor. A character might show up in a cameo or send you an email or something. The important choices occur during the story missions.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect
  3. Is it necessary to do other missions in this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived