Credit Exploit

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect
  3. Credit Exploit

User Info: LtSylar

LtSylar
2 years ago#11
I get your point and to some extent agree. All I want is a functioning sniper rifle that aims where I want it to. There is a big difference between 30-50 accuracy and 80+. Like I said, turning down the difficulty is a fix for this, but I just want to snipe. Even on casual I can't snipe effectively without a better sniper rifle. The more expensive sniper rifles are typically better. By the time I have the money to buy a good sniper rifle, I'll already be halfway done the game having used a pistol the whole time. Not as fun for me.
Xbox Live: Lt Sylar
Make Mass Effect 3 backwards compatible!!

User Info: ContraPop

ContraPop
2 years ago#12
Agree about sniper rifles. For my infiltrator, I think I did a quick run on Casual and then replayed on Normal because just using the pistol was boring.
FF Complete Playthrough: Currently Playing - Final Fantasy Tactics
Completed: FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFIV:TAY, FF:MQ, FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX

User Info: LtSylar

LtSylar
2 years ago#13
ContraPop posted...
Agree about sniper rifles. For my infiltrator, I think I did a quick run on Casual and then replayed on Normal because just using the pistol was boring.

Hmmm... That's not a bad idea. So you skipped all the sidequests and just did the main missions?
Xbox Live: Lt Sylar
Make Mass Effect 3 backwards compatible!!

User Info: ContraPop

ContraPop
2 years ago#14
^ Yes. You can beat it in about 6 hours on Casual if you know exactly where to go, skip all conversation and only focus on completing the main missions. I forget exactly what level I was, but I think it was at least in the 40s. If you are careful, you can even skip fighting anything in the long Mako parts to make it even faster (although it might worth taking out some enemies in the Mako because they give a lot of experience).
FF Complete Playthrough: Currently Playing - Final Fantasy Tactics
Completed: FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFIV:TAY, FF:MQ, FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX

User Info: radial200

radial200
2 years ago#15
I don't know how many people use the technique, but sniper rifles can be used with accuracy as long as you have it as a class or bonus skill.

So, if you're able to "scope" it, all you have to do is center the target. Before you aim use the power/weapons wheel to center on the target or where the target will be, if they're popping in & out from cover. Once that's done hit the aim & a fraction of a second later the fire button. So, on 360, LT RT. There's probably a vid somewhere if you need it.

I know role-playing a sniper you'll want to invest points so that you can aim more like a.... well sniper, but the quick fire technique well get you through the very early game. Of course pistols do the job too, but I'm just trying to help.

I usually go with a Sentinel with sniper rifles as my bonus. I use the above mentioned technique in the early game & in close quarters combat. In which, I use sniper rifles the whole game usually. Unless I get bored & switch to pistols. Anyway, it does have a slight learning cure though. So if any of you would-be snipers decide to give it a try, you may need to try it on a few missions, before you decide whether or not you personally like or dislike it. Again just throwing it out there, trying to help.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect
  3. Credit Exploit

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived