• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect
  3. Is the Mako the worst designed, in-game vehicle ever?

User Info: kingsiv

kingsiv
5 years ago#1
The only worse one I can think of is the Hammerhead from ME2. As great as the rest of the game design is, Bioware is that bad with vehicle design and implementation.

User Info: LordTrinen

LordTrinen
5 years ago#2
I would say definitely not.

The Mako has it's flaws but overall I think it handles fairly well. Better than some game vehicles I've tried.

I think the Hammerhead handles better than the Mako. Its biggest weakness being its paper-thin armor. If it was more durable it would be much better than the Mako.

User Info: belisar6

belisar6
5 years ago#3
Other than the driving mechanics, I never minded the Mako that much. It has a rotating turret, a zoomable scope, and decent shields. And really, it was probably more the terrain that was the issue.

The Mako handled okay on the main mission worlds, and on the asteroid in Bring Down the Sky, with its low rolling hills. All of the other side mission worlds though, had sections of steep mountains, which were a pain to navigate!
We were going full speed ahead... but facing backwards the whole time.

User Info: cheeco88

cheeco88
5 years ago#4
I love the mako. Mountain climbing goodness.
Look into my eyes and it's easy to see, one and one make two, two and one make three; it was DESTINY!

User Info: kingsiv

kingsiv
5 years ago#5
Definitely one of the worst designs. Under powered, spins out of control if it hits a minor bump at speed, poorly envisioned horizontal propulsion system (wtf). Barely makes it up the slightest of grades, horizontal boost is worthless, veers out of control when encountering obstacles at speed, Did I mentioned super slow as well?
Simpson's Comic Book Guy says, ¨worst game vehicle, ever¨.

User Info: smeech8000

smeech8000
5 years ago#6
kingsiv posted...
Definitely one of the worst designs. Under powered, spins out of control if it hits a minor bump at speed, poorly envisioned horizontal propulsion system (wtf). Barely makes it up the slightest of grades, horizontal boost is worthless, veers out of control when encountering obstacles at speed, Did I mentioned super slow as well?
Simpson's Comic Book Guy says, ¨worst game vehicle, ever¨.

First of all, horizontal = left/right and vertical = up/down. Mako's propulsion system is definitely vertical.

#2, every world has a fairly obvious "preferred route" that is more or less easily navigable. You want to take a shortcut? You better learn how to drive. You're not supposed to be able to drive straight up the face of every mountain on Nodacrux, although if you want to attempt tacking back and forth to save yourself some time vs. going back to the bottom and taking the easy route up then you have that option.

I like the sense of exploration the Mako gives. Just like having to walk through the Presidium once before all your rapid-transits are activated makes you appreciate the largesse of the environment and atmosphere, having a physically realistic ATV makes exploration more of an experience than, say, planet scanning.
I don't feel tardy.

User Info: wel

wel
5 years ago#7
No, the worst would be the desert bus from Penn and Teller's game.
"Stop exploding, you cowards!"
-Zap Brannigan

User Info: Herugrim

Herugrim
5 years ago#8
I don't know if it is the worst but it is bad. Hovercraft was slightly better. Personally I'd rather fly the ship itself than either of them.
John Watson: "Well it isn't obvious to me."
Sherlock Holmes: "The world is full of obvious things that nobody notices."

User Info: ender003

ender003
5 years ago#9
Steering and accelerating with the same stick is just dumb. But the hover is neat. I didn't even know about the zoom or heavy cannon for a while because the game never explains the controls for anything.
I've never had McDonald's. And I never will. I have also never had spaghetti.

User Info: NineteenthCross

NineteenthCross
5 years ago#10
I for one, enjoyed Tony Hawk's Pro Space Rover Simulator.
Welcome to Gamefaqs. Stick your fingers in your ears and pretend you can't hear other people's opinions and call them trolls.
http://nineteenth.wordpress.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect
  3. Is the Mako the worst designed, in-game vehicle ever?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A