You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect
  3. The Therum mining laser infinite XP glitch

User Info: Darth Stalin

Darth Stalin
6 years ago#81
oh man, i just got past therum, and i dont have a save.....FFUUUUUU!! i guess i will start a new character. just need to get up to level 40 or so.
Darth Stalin- Bow down before the man of steel !!!!
Gamertag- Cruxis Mithos

User Info: Mr_Collins

Mr_Collins
6 years ago#82
Interesting find Steve, and pj. Thanks for posting.

Fortunately, you'll eventually need to put the code into the panel and I wasn't foolish enough to tell anyone to do so each time, so I don't feel like I misled anyone.

Still, good find, thanks for posting.
~Tom

User Info: Moogle_Yuna

Moogle_Yuna
6 years ago#83
I play Mass Effect on PAL and it glitches fine. Think i may have to go back and level to 56 or more before I leave the glitch because I did all the sidequests I possibly could before I left to pick up Liara and don't think I'll make it to 60 by the time I get back to the council chamber.

User Info: Drataia

Drataia
6 years ago#84
I'm playing on PC through steam, and the glitch doesn't seem to work. I get no XP for activating the laser at all.

User Info: RealAfterlife

RealAfterlife
6 years ago#85
what you could do is power level with glitch till around 50. that leaves entire game to play basically. 1 entire play can easily get you level 60 on insane from level 50ish
GT: x Afterlife x

Moogle_Yuna
6 years ago#86
Well, i had done everything i could except the three planets - all the collections, landed on every other planet, the rogue vi on luna... so i was level 34 on casual by the time I found out about this handy wee thing. so i'll probably do the third playthrough to get my shepard to 60
What level do I need to get if I'm doing all side quests ( except collecting) and I'm not planning on getting out of the mako to kill stuff.

I read through the thread and many say 55 but is that with my above stated questions?
I have pinnacle station and I've beat the game twice. I'm on my insanity play through and this is the main file for importing across 2&3 for their insanity play through for the bonuses.
Please don't ask me where all the nice guys are. Because they're still in the friend zone where you left them.

Moogle_Yuna
6 years ago#88
Well I've started a new game on casual with the intentions of getting this infiltrator to level 60 and taking her into mass effect 2. update when i finish the game - but the story so far...
I did everything on eden prime, got Garrus and Wrex, got fist killed, saved tali and gave fist's disc to emily wong. then headed straight to Therum. used the mako all the way to the 'forced walking' area cos i couldn't be bothered trying to get the mako over it. i glitched all the way to 57. now let's see if i get all the way now.

Moogle_Yuna
6 years ago#89
I'd like to add to the above - i stay in the mako to kill stuff, don't have any dlc and do every sidequest i can lay my hot little hands on. let's see if i make it to 60 or have to go back to the Therum save i kept.
I stopped right as i hit 55 did all the collecting quests up until I completed them except I still survey worlds. I just don't search in the mako. I still get out of the Mako to kill. I have done every side quest possible. I'am 100kish away from 60 and still have feros and virmire to do. I have both dlcs and I've opened all the containers I can.

I can say with one system left after feros and virmire and the end game, you might be safe stopping at 54 if you have dlc.
Please don't ask me where all the nice guys are. Because they're still in the friend zone where you left them.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect
  3. The Therum mining laser infinite XP glitch