The Therum mining laser infinite XP glitch

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect
  3. The Therum mining laser infinite XP glitch

User Info: Teh_Merchant

Teh_Merchant
2 years ago#121
Holy s*** I remember this thread. Haven't actually played through ME1 since I don't think. Weird to see a thread I posted in 5 years ago in my active messages.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." - Vyse, Skies of Arcadia

User Info: jareth_05

jareth_05
2 years ago#122
If I wanted to make it to level 60 by the end of the game when would be a good stop for the glitch
" looks up" Yeah i'm short wana make something of it big man
GT XxSYNDROISxX

User Info: LordTrinen

LordTrinen
2 years ago#123
jareth_05 posted...
If I wanted to make it to level 60 by the end of the game when would be a good stop for the glitch

Typically when I use this glitch on a fresh playthrough, I do as little as possible going through the Citadel and go straight to Therum. I do everything I can to get as much experience as I can while I'm there (kill enemies outside the Mako).

I then use the glitch to get to level 56. After that there is more than enough experience to get me to level 60, especially if I continue to try and milk everything.

User Info: drmichael

drmichael
2 years ago#124
I stumbled across this today. I was already level 59 and almost at level 60 but thought I would try this just to see if it works. Did it 3 times and I was at 60. May 2016 and it worked for me. I don't think I would have used it for a regular level up though. It's more fun to play the games through. I think I'm on my 16th run through the ME series, including all the DLC. :)
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: Kooler2006

Kooler2006
1 year ago#125
Playing on XB1 Backward Compatible version(using the game disc) and can confirm this does still work.
Currently Playing: The Division, Gears of War: UE, AC: Black Flag
[ XBL: Kooler2 ][ PS3: Kooler2006 ]

User Info: DarkZapper

DarkZapper
1 year ago#126
about to do this on xb1 doing a new play through of all 3. just got my ship. cant wait to try this out haha.
fc 4940 6803 4203 for 3ds

User Info: goblirg

goblirg
1 year ago#127
so i did everything on eden prime and everythinf i could on the citadel. Liara is my first planet and i already did some glitching. what lvl should i glitch to, to be able to reach lvl 60 in one playthrough? i plan on doing all sidequests and explorations. i probably wont use the extra enemy glitches or getting out of the vehicle thing. i have already unlocked lvl 60 with a another character...

User Info: goblirg

goblirg
1 year ago#128
goblirg posted...
so i did everything on eden prime and everythinf i could on the citadel. Liara is my first planet and i already did some glitching. what lvl should i glitch to, to be able to reach lvl 60 in one playthrough? i plan on doing all sidequests and explorations. i probably wont use the extra enemy glitches or getting out of the vehicle thing. i have already unlocked lvl 60 with a another character...

im playing in casual difficulty
goblirg posted...
goblirg posted...

im playing in casual difficulty

When I did this glitch back in 2015, I got to about 56 and was able to hit 60 before Virmire I am not 100% sure though. I also have both DLC's which contributed a little, I however did not do everything in that play-through. So doing all the side-quest like you posted, should get you there fater then me. Kind of funny, because I did this glitch so I would not have to do everything none series related. Also note that I had the 20% exp boost from the Completionist(5%), Power Gamer(10%), and Extreme Power Gamer(5%) achievements. It is not much, but every little bit helps. Also I think it took me about 4 or 5 hours give or take to reach 56 from like 12(?), plus I do believe I fell asleep doing this glitch. :P
Also, difficulty does not matter. I think that misconception comes from players that beat the game and immediately went into Hardcore, not knowing that getting the Completionist and Power Gamer Achievements give Sheperd a 15% exp bonus(5% from Completionist and 10% from Power Gamer).
Daggett: I'm guilty! As guilty as a Sasquatch in a pudding factory!
Norbert: "Sasquatch in a pudding factory?"
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: Noobmachine

Noobmachine
1 month ago#130
Does this still work for ps3???
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect
  3. The Therum mining laser infinite XP glitch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.