• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
  3. Where is a good place to train new recruits?

User Info: Blade_Maker

Blade_Maker
1 year ago#1
I am at chapter 9, and I want to know a good place to train anyone I hire, or reincarnate. And I hate trying the item world for grinding due to not being able to heal after a floor.
I really hate not having an idea on what I'm doing.

User Info: stpizzy

stpizzy
1 year ago#2
If you've unlocked the Cave of Ordeals, depending on your levels, 1 and/or 4 are good. I suggest unlocking that if you haven't yet. CoO 1 is setup very easy, you just need to destroy a geo-panel and it nearly kills all enemies. Then just tower attack and you'll shoot up to level 20-30 after 1 kill. CoO 4 is great too.
I like cheese.
I'm a completionist so of course, I will finish it all.

Blade_Maker
1 year ago#3
stpizzy posted...
If you've unlocked the Cave of Ordeals, depending on your levels, 1 and/or 4 are good. I suggest unlocking that if you haven't yet. CoO 1 is setup very easy, you just need to destroy a geo-panel and it nearly kills all enemies. Then just tower attack and you'll shoot up to level 20-30 after 1 kill. CoO 4 is great too.

Getting that is going to be a pain, and how strong are they in CoO 1? I have Adell at 38 I believe.

Blade_Maker
1 year ago#4
Can I have a place other than the CoO please? I wasted a f***ING HOUR trying to unlock that crap!

User Info: demonguardian

demonguardian
1 year ago#5
How much do you want to break the game? There's a Dark World stage in the chapter 3 section that's easily exploitable, but this results in grossly overleveled chars, high tier equips and LOTS of money (you can raise the shop's customer rank from 1 to 9 by selling a single equip. Then it slows down significantly, but still, the max is just 12), making the main game a joke. If you're interested, read this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873077339
(do this a couple times and you can kill the enemy directly with some setup up. Great for EXP AND Mana for a specific char, so unlocking CoO is almost trivial - you still have to waste time bribing the senators or try your luck combining senators to pass/force the bill.)

If you want to avoid that... use stage 9-2, it's good to level up a bit. However, this is mostly for the units you've been using so far, especially the ones that have good AoEs. It can be done with just-made chars, but you need a good leveled item, another 1~2 chars strong enough to take blows from the enemies (to exploit tower attacks) or be using a (minor leveled) char that has good range (magic and I think sword users. Gunners and Archers might work, but takes a lot more time since the early skills are all single target), can do decent dmg and have good move (I think 5~6 is good enough, so bring some shoes).

- With a strong weapon (leveled in the item world) and good AoEs, you can one-shot the enemies, so you don't have to deal with their attacks (focus on one side at a time). Also, some weapons give defensive stats as well, so even if a couple survive your first attack, you might still be ok.

- With ranged units with AoEs + good mov (and a decent weapon), you take them out of the base panel, perform the attacks (like an AoE spell or Blade Rush), then run to the side (out of their field of vision/aggro state) and finish your turn. After the enemies skip their turn, you return the char back to the base panel (to reset your movement), bring them back and repeat the process.

- With a strong char that can tank the enemies' assault for a turn (and preferably one shot an enemy with a normal attack), you can take this char + the one you want to level, lift the weak char and perform a tower attack. Repeat for the remaining 7 enemies, readjusting your position when needed (throw the weak char, return him/her to the base, end the turn, reposition and then repeat). If the tank is getting wore down from the chip damage, just heal him/her with another char and put them away from danger (moving far away, like in the previous tip), or just sacrifice them/use them as bait if they won't be needed anymore.

Keep raising the enemies' levels through SEBs until you're satisfied with your own. If you do this a lot, stop at 8 SEBs, since this ends up with the magic knights at level 99, which give a lot more EXP than their lv 100+ counterparts (due to reasons).

Blade_Maker
1 year ago#6
demonguardian posted...
How much do you want to break the game? There's a Dark World stage in the chapter 3 section that's easily exploitable, but this results in grossly overleveled chars, high tier equips and LOTS of money (you can raise the shop's customer rank from 1 to 9 by selling a single equip. Then it slows down significantly, but still, the max is just 12), making the main game a joke. If you're interested, read this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873077339
(do this a couple times and you can kill the enemy directly with some setup up. Great for EXP AND Mana for a specific char, so unlocking CoO is almost trivial - you still have to waste time bribing the senators or try your luck combining senators to pass/force the bill.)

If you want to avoid that... use stage 9-2, it's good to level up a bit. However, this is mostly for the units you've been using so far, especially the ones that have good AoEs. It can be done with just-made chars, but you need a good leveled item, another 1~2 chars strong enough to take blows from the enemies (to exploit tower attacks) or be using a (minor leveled) char that has good range (magic and I think sword users. Gunners and Archers might work, but takes a lot more time since the early skills are all single target), can do decent dmg and have good move (I think 5~6 is good enough, so bring some shoes).

- With a strong weapon (leveled in the item world) and good AoEs, you can one-shot the enemies, so you don't have to deal with their attacks (focus on one side at a time). Also, some weapons give defensive stats as well, so even if a couple survive your first attack, you might still be ok.

- With ranged units with AoEs + good mov (and a decent weapon), you take them out of the base panel, perform the attacks (like an AoE spell or Blade Rush), then run to the side (out of their field of vision/aggro state) and finish your turn. After the enemies skip their turn, you return the char back to the base panel (to reset your movement), bring them back and repeat the process.

- With a strong char that can tank the enemies' assault for a turn (and preferably one shot an enemy with a normal attack), you can take this char + the one you want to level, lift the weak char and perform a tower attack. Repeat for the remaining 7 enemies, readjusting your position when needed (throw the weak char, return him/her to the base, end the turn, reposition and then repeat). If the tank is getting wore down from the chip damage, just heal him/her with another char and put them away from danger (moving far away, like in the previous tip), or just sacrifice them/use them as bait if they won't be needed anymore.

Keep raising the enemies' levels through SEBs until you're satisfied with your own. If you do this a lot, stop at 8 SEBs, since this ends up with the magic knights at level 99, which give a lot more EXP than their lv 100+ counterparts (due to reasons).

I haven't gotten the Dark World and I doubt I can right now. Thanks for the advice.

User Info: demonguardian

demonguardian
1 year ago#7
You can start doing the Dark World in Chapter 1 if you really want, but as you might have suspected, it's supposed to be post game material. In order to unlock it, you need to press 4~5 buttons in Holt Village, then fight a lv 100 archer. If you looked at the link I posted, you have an idea on how you can beat her at low levels. Then, in order to unlock each dark world stage, you need to do specific things in each of the normal stages. So yeah, quite a boring task, even if you're prepared for it.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
  3. Where is a good place to train new recruits?
  • Topic Archived