• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
  3. Need advice for my team, what to change (main game not finished yet)

User Info: ZekuMusashi

ZekuMusashi
2 years ago#21
Ryuukestu posted...
Do I need a class with healing spells or not?

It certainly helps, though you can get by with brute force and maybe the occasional Item heal.

Ryuukestu posted...
should I keep my healer and give her a staff

As I mentioned in my first post, I'm not a fan of this game's Healer Class.
They can manage but it's just more rewarding to teach other casters Healer spells.
IMO. YMMV.
Dream, not of what you are, but of what you want to be - The Lotus, Warframe

User Info: Malphirhalith

Malphirhalith
2 years ago#22
Ok, so I'll reincarnate her into the thief. I didn't know how to learn healing spells to other caster, I'll try to figure out how it's done

ZekuMusashi
2 years ago#23
Ryuukestu posted...
I didn't know how to learn healing spells to other caster

Well, here's an example:
Have your Kunoichi create a Healer.
Position them next to each other in battle.
The Kunoichi now has access to all spells the Healer has, albeit at level 0.
Use the spells you want often enough with your Kunoichi to get them to level 1.
Bam, now your Kunoichi can freely use those spells without the Healer nearby.

Mind you, you'll still want to keep / level up the Healer,
as the Kunoichi won't suddenly start learning the later Healer spells by herself,
you'll need to teach those the same way after the Healer has learned them.

Malphirhalith
2 years ago#24
ZekuMusashi, you're perfect !!! I understood I can use a spell by being near a pupil but I wasn't aware that the Master character can learn it by casting it often.

Ok so I won't reincarnate the healer to learn her spells first !!! Thank you very much all is perfectly clear !!!

ZekuMusashi
2 years ago#25
Ryuukestu posted...
Ok so I won't reincarnate the healer to learn her spells first

Only the character who created that Healer can learn from her, though.

If that's the default Healer, she is of no use in terms of teaching Spells
(other than via Reincarnation carry-over).

Malphirhalith
2 years ago#26
So the best option is finally to reincarnate the healer into a thief, get and rune knight and get a healer pupil for him? Am i right?

User Info: demonguardian

demonguardian
2 years ago#27
It really doesn't matter all that much, to be honest. Whether you raise your healer and then reincarnate into a thief, or reincarnate now and get a pupil, the result is mostly the same.

Don't worry too much about "what is best" or "optimal", just go and experiment with it, that's half the fun IMHO. If they end up being disappointing, you can always focus on something else, change their roles and whatnot.

ZekuMusashi suggested a "balanced build" of sorts, but don't feel forced to follow it to the letter. The game provides enough resources that every unit is usable, especially if you give them good equips.

For example, I still use story chars even though they are subpar when comparing with some others, but are more than capable of getting the job done. I still use skull/mages, even if their potential output is lower than magic knights (and really, if you go along these lines, you would rarely use any other chars); it doesn't matter to me if I'll deal 1 mil or 1.6 mil dmg, most enemies will be dead anyway (this is just an example, I didn't calculate the numbers or anything. Also, depending on the situation, some enemies can take that as a little breeze).

demonguardian
2 years ago#28
Ahh, something that I forgot to ask, but do you intend on capturing monsters later on? The reason I ask is because they changed how capturing works from the PS2 version to the PSP and PC ones. In the original, you could capture monsters about double the level of your highest unit; the remakes make it so that you can only capture a monster up to Adell's level, making it much harder to exploit it (in the original, you could capture level 9999 monsters with relative easy, one of the most infamous methods being the "nekomata trick" on 4-3).

Arguably the best monsters you can own need to be captured. I'm sure you know the Stronger Enemies Bill in the Dark Assembly by now, but there are other methods to make monsters much stronger, and eventually their overall stats become more than you can build, even with max stored levels through reincarnation (it's also much faster to capture enemies than create and max a char on your own).

Nonetheless, this is pretty much one of the last things you might do (if that, even), so don't worry too much about it. Just something to keep in mind in case you want to plan that far ahead. It's also a reminder to not completely forget about Adell, it might be a good idea to give him at least 100 Felonies for faster leveling, get the alternative endings, have an easier time with some bills and such.

Malphirhalith
2 years ago#29
Thank you ver much for all your help !! I do not intend for the perfect game but I find that the system isn't explained a lot in-game. I've gone for what ZekuMusashi told me, and actually, I'm leveling my team up.

I've not thought about capturing monsters, but I need to do some to get the BeastMaster class. Thank you very much for the information, so I need to keep leveling up Adell through the game. I'll try to do more felonies also. I haven't done much about them yet.

Thank you very much for all the support :)

demonguardian
2 years ago#30
If you just need to unlock the beastmaster class, just go to 1-1 and capture an Orc. You only need to capture once to unlock the bill to unlock the Beastmaster class. It can be literaly done in the first few minutes of the game.

If you don't plan to capture extensively, then don't worry about leveling Adell (though felonies can still help with the other things I've mentioned). Also, as you progress through the game/post game, you'll find better leveling spots, so if you do feel inclined to level Adell (or any other char), do it then. I don't remember the exact order/EXP rewards by difficulty, but it went something like:

CoO1 < 9-2 (with 8 SEBs passed) < CoO4 < LoC CoO1 << LoC CoO4

Maybe with Dark World 1-2 (1 SEB passed) after 9-2

LoC stands for Land of Carnage, something you unlock by getting all pirate maps, and you'll hate doing it because of the amount of RNG involved. Also, Ambling pirates' spawn rate.

Oh, and you don't need to follow the order, you can just skip to CoO4. On subsequent (Adell) playthoughs you can unlock Priere, and with Zetta (which needs to be able to magichange 2), you can clear CoO4 without much trouble. Just need an equip to boost HIT or throw the char behind the enemies.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
  3. Need advice for my team, what to change (main game not finished yet)
  • Topic Archived