• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
  3. Anyone know how much of an increase a skill gets from leveling up?

User Info: bookwormbabe29

bookwormbabe29
2 years ago#1
For example, take the 'Fire' spell. It gains levels, and gets stronger. Anyone know how much stronger? Is it percentage based or something?

For stat spells from 'shield' to 'kneel before me' etc, what does leveling up the skill actually do? It's supposed to make them stronger, but by how much?

For all the times I've played this, I realize I have no idea how this works. Can anyone clarify?
3DS Friend Code: 0920-2538-1864
Fire Emblem Fates Castle Code: 18224-27219 // 29440-83618

User Info: demonguardian

demonguardian
2 years ago#2
It's been a long time since I've heard about this in specific (IIRC it was from one of the videos from ullillillia) so I might be wrong, but I think that, at level 99 (max), a spell will deal triple damage when compared to level 1. I don't know if the growth in power is linear, but I believe it is.

Regular buffs and debuffs don't get any power per se when leveling up, so you shouldn't grind them for more than 4~5 levels (assuming you have some weapon mastery in staves and is equipped with one. If not, go for lv 9), which is for the AoE and spell range. You'll just be wasting more SP from leveling them more (the SP cost still increases with level). Similarly, don't bother leveling up skills like "kneel before me" from Rozalin, the buffs from Taro/Hanako, etc
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
  3. Anyone know how much of an increase a skill gets from leveling up?
  • Topic Archived