• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
  3. My ten times as hell full second playthrough finally over

User Info: aces4839

aces4839
3 years ago#1
First of all, before anyone asks, YES, I'M FULLY AWARE THAT MAGIC KNIGHTS ARE THE WAY TO GO.

Now then, I spent many months preparing a six-man team that consisted of Adell, Yukimaru, a generic Freishultz, a generic Galaxy Mage, a Land of Carnage Malchidael (not souped up this time with 8 million HP) and a Land of Carnage Fenrir. I perfected all their weapon types and went to the 130s for the Super Robo Suits and the Cosmos Muscles (which I almost gave up on going for six rarity 0's, but I managed somehow, and just went to level 100 with legendary rarity 0's Infernal Armors.

I encountered Prinny Baal in the LoC Item World and easily defeated it and gency'ed out. I then fought the souped up Prinny Baal (160 mil HP) and his 4 Baal lackeys (around 80 mil for each). After a 22 minute battle and leaving Prinny Baal for last, I was able to bring them all down while barely leaving my Galaxy Mage alive with about 90,000 HP left. My Fenrir was untouched the whole time. At long last I can breathe a huge sigh of relief. After that, I decided to finish the story and saw the ending, knowing it was well-deserved. I don't think I'll ever do that again. That was super brutal, what I went through, just to get to that point.
I am now unavailable to add to PSN until further notice.

User Info: demonguardian

demonguardian
3 years ago#2
Congrats on fully beating the game (as far as I'm concerned with) again =)

How much time did it took, not being a blind playthrough and all that? Did you really needed a party of 6 (with perfected/well leveled equipment)? Personally, for the regular Prinny Baal I just used a Galaxy Mage with a lv ~160 Infernal Staff (IIRC, just keeping 9 spaces away was enough so it couldn't target me with its skills). For the PBP boosted version, I did pretty much the same thing with better equipment and 5 Clerics for Magic Boost.

I had considered beating the game again from a fresh playthrough, but the idea of having to hunt for the Maps again made me give up. I just beat the regular story, and while I did some Dark World maps for some exploits, I didn't bothered to go all the way for the Usagi's Journal.

User Info: aces4839

aces4839
3 years ago#3
It was at least 8 months, although it was likely longer, but I didn't exactly spend every single day playing this game. It was just something I wanted to do with 6 specfic units. I remember in Disgaea 4 that I used a LoC Fenrir to get the 10 billion damage trophy with. Last time it was just a single captured Malchidael after I killed Prinny Baal in the LoC Item World. It only had 14 million HP at the time and I didn't have a legendary Cosmos Muscle at the time either.
I am now unavailable to add to PSN until further notice.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
  3. My ten times as hell full second playthrough finally over
  • Topic Archived