You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
  3. Read Before You Post (29-Post Sticky)

User Info: Prometheusx303

Prometheusx303
9 years ago#81
An item god of a rank 38 item will have a rank 39 item, yes, but it will be of random rarity (normal, rare, or legendary), and it's only a 1/32 chance for it to be legendary. Your best bet is just going through high level items (the higher the better, the further in the better), and checking enemies and the bonus list for legendary rank 39 items. Item generals and kings just have random junk.
Disgaea Calculators:
http://disgaea.gamexploiter.com/calcs/

User Info: Xamd

Xamd
9 years ago#82
I see, thanks.
I thought if the general always has a rank 39 item, it would still be easier to get a legendary one of him/him than off other enemies that don't always have rank 39 items in the first place.
I have squandered my resistance for a pocket full of mumbles like promises
All lies and jests, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest

User Info: Prometheusx303

Prometheusx303
9 years ago#83
Not really. It's a waste of time to go to floor 100 and reset for an hour just to get one item. I've done it and it's not worth it.
Disgaea Calculators:
http://disgaea.gamexploiter.com/calcs/

Xamd
9 years ago#84
I have one last question that I had asked before and no one ever answered.
I want to be able to beat normal (0 SEBs) UPB in LoC, who has 23 million HP if I read that correctly.
What weapons do I need with a team of 10 pretty much equally strong characters?
Will perfected legendary rank 39 weapons suffice? Do I need perfected legendary rank 40 weapons?
How many? Is it enough to have only a few perfected legendary r39/r49 weapons and rare r39s on the other half?

It says the IG2 of a r39 item has the corresponding r40 item in LoC, but is the chance for it to be legendary also just 1/32?
Chosen wa pantsu banchou, ne.
Nanto, ware wa nanji, nanji wa pantsu, ware wa pantsu no hangan nanoka? Ki ni suru na yo, my Raddy!

Xamd
9 years ago#85
Never mind, doesn't matter anymore.
Chosen wa pantsu banchou, ne.
Nanto, ware wa nanji, nanji wa pantsu, ware wa pantsu no hangan nanoka? Ki ni suru na yo, my Raddy!

User Info: Doctor__T

Doctor__T
8 years ago#86
It is sufficient to have a fully-maxed rank 40 weapon, and some assorted decently-leveled rank 39 accessories. No, you don't need a full lineup of maxed rank 40 items for normal LoC UPB. The only thing you might need that for, is the Super Pirate-Boosted LoC UPB.

(it's possible to beat LoC UPB with MUCH lower stats if you utilize a really good strategy... what I suggested is only needed to make him and his buddies your *****).

User Info: CouchPotato

CouchPotato
8 years ago#87
Just one detail to add, you actually get 2 free Gencys. You can get one if you talk to the
Item World Guide sometime BEFORE you are forced to get a felony. Then when you talk to her for your first felony, you get another one.
"I'm just a Dark Knight, with no courage to disobey his majesty..." - Cecil, FFIV

User Info: DrDucTape

DrDucTape
8 years ago#88
Hey, thought I'd post this here, since the DHD board isn't as busy.

(DHD only, since this requires magichange)

A good way to level up monsters (I did this with Asagi to get her human form.) :

-Take a high-level character with lots of felonies (I used Rozy)
-Magichange the monster that you want leveled onto the first character
-Magichange2 Zetta onto the first two characters
-use Zetta Beam (the wide and short one)
-Do this in CoO4 with max SEBs passed.

Will work with any characters in the first two spots, provided the first is humanoid and has many felonies (I had ~250 when I did it)

It took me 45 minutes to get Asagi from level 50 to level 2000 this way.

Turn of attack animations if you want it to go this fast.
An Alternate Truth is Yet to be Found. . .
Doc:

User Info: Doctor__T

Doctor__T
8 years ago#89
Uh... the PSP boards are at least five times as active as the PS2 boards right now...

And besides that, there's absolutely no reason to post information that's only valid in the PSP version of the game on the PS2 boards.

And besides that, making a post 9 pages into an extremely old sticky thread is not exactly the best place to get yourself heard. Most people probably won't even realize there was a new post.

User Info: DrDucTape

DrDucTape
8 years ago#90
Ehh, my bad.
An Alternate Truth is Yet to be Found. . .
Doc:
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
  3. Read Before You Post (29-Post Sticky)