• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: G_Spot_Finder

G_Spot_Finder
11 years ago#1
I haven't played D1, but I heard the outline of it, but just wanted to know. Is a vassel some sort of slave or what? I know that Etna was a vassel to someone else and now Laharl.
I rise again

User Info: Prometheusx303

Prometheusx303
11 years ago#2
Do you know the definition of "vassal"?

G_Spot_Finder
11 years ago#3
so it's like a slave and protector type deal?
I rise again

Prometheusx303
11 years ago#4
I am honestly not very qualified to answer that question. A dictionary on the other hand...

User Info: ZekuMusashi

ZekuMusashi
11 years ago#5
from www.dictionary.com

vas·sal
–noun
1. (in the feudal system) a person granted the use of land, in return for rendering homage, fealty, and usually military service or its equivalent to a lord or other superior; feudal tenant.
2. a person holding some similar relation to a superior; a subject, subordinate, follower, or retainer.
3. a servant or slave.
–adjective
4. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a vassal.
5. having the status or position of a vassal.
You want an awesome free Collectible Card Game?
Go play Card Master Conflict. ~~~ cmc.mrx.ca ~~~

G_Spot_Finder
11 years ago#6
So in this case, is she just a servant or is it a kind of trade relationship, like "If I am your slave then you have to protect me"?
I rise again

Prometheusx303
11 years ago#7
Uh... I'd go with a sort of servant apprentice thing.

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
11 years ago#8
2. a person holding some similar relation to a superior; a subject, subordinate, follower, or retainer.

it's that one that applies.
"Eat all your school, stay in milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep and get eight hours of drug." Mr.T
  • Topic Archived