• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
  3. what is the best character to use in this game

User Info: itachi00

itachi00
11 years ago#1
i heard that taro is really awesome

i'm about to beat ultimate prinny baal(cant remember his name) and i want to know who will be best to use in order to defeat him defeating him cuz i cant beat him and its like my 4th time already

and also strategies are welcome
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dDUH57KJS6E rate my amv
ore wa kisama o taos o monoda, Ore ni kanau mono ha sonzai shinai

User Info: kabasa

kabasa
11 years ago#2
Have perfect R40's, If you don't already.
MSC Code: 335115 195348
Mii Name: Kab_Gfaqs

itachi00
11 years ago#3
nope i dont have that but its way too time consuming and really hard

id rather level a specific character

so anyone else?

User Info: kabasa

kabasa
11 years ago#4
Then Beating Uber prinny Baal will be very difficult Then
MSC Code: 335115 195348
Mii Name: Kab_Gfaqs

User Info: DerakonD

DerakonD
11 years ago#5
Power in this game comes almost entirely from equipment. I don't think you necessarily need to have perfect level-200 rank-40 gear, but I highly doubt you'll be able to take down uber Baal without at least a level-100 rank-40, which isn't nearly so onerous to obtain.

If you want to get one single character as powerful as possible, make a tier-6 majin and kill nine of your units; his stats will double. But majins are a royal pain to level, so I wouldn't recommend that route either.

User Info: Coryney

Coryney
11 years ago#6
Are you in Holt or the LoC ??? And is this before or after defeating the Prinny Baal Pirate ???

I would imagine you are only trying to take on Baal in Holt, otherwise you would be familiar with who the best characters are ..........

Give Laharl a go ............ He is a monster killing machine, and Baal is a Monster character. He does +50% damage to Baal with Lovers, he has +130% ATK aptitude and an A rank for an Axe. Combine this with his character specific AoE attacks and you have a VERY good Axe user. I routinely use Laharl to clear the LoC Baal's Castle. SImply give him some Leveled up r40 equipment, ALL ATK based, boost his Weapon Mastery to 255, 25 Lovers, 100 Professionals for a 100% Critical hit and as many Gladiators as you can be bothered making. Then use some healers to cast x5 Bravehearts on him, Hanoko's Love Song and Rozi's Kneel Before Me (I think they can all stack on each other, but im not 100% sure) and send him out on a killing mission. You can always use sacrifices to pick up Laharl if he cannot 1 hit Baal and takes damage from Baal's attacks, and you could take advantage of the stationary bonus and throw him to Baal to maintain it

User Info: 321Death

321Death
11 years ago#7
... or you could use a Dreadnaught which is pretty much invincible with the right equipment. >_>
My awakening is your death knell.

User Info: Carpetpeer

Carpetpeer
11 years ago#8
You don't need perfect R40s to clear UPB max. Just R40s with matching rarity. My Laharl has an Apocalypse and three matching rarity SRS (each SRS has 1 jump, 2 move bills on them), he can solo normal UPB easily, UPB max takes a couple more teammates. I have 8 other characters with R40 weapons with matching rarity movement oriented SRSes (though my rifle demon has an ATK oriented Makai Wars, my Flonne has a INT oriented usagi's journal, but they all match).

Probably a little over half of my team of 9 could solo UPB, but Laharl is definitely the easiest. If you want to do it defensively though there are a lot of options. Wood golems, Taro, marionettes, maybe Axel (never tried, but half beast damage with lover bonus?). Felynns might be a good alternative offensive option if you can counter him to death.

itachi00
11 years ago#9
do you suggest that i go for UPB first rather than his subordinates?
and also will stealing his equips be favorable for me? or will it only lead me to utter destruction cuz i really am having trouble stealing baal's equips. should i steal his subordiantes equips first since he doesnt move for a few turns?

itachi00
11 years ago#10
bump
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
  3. what is the best character to use in this game
  • Topic Archived