• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 2: Open for Business
  3. Grocery Store Seasons Style

User Info: jackoftrades222

jackoftrades222
9 years ago#1
Hello,
I made a grocery store with basics, now I want to include the Seasons produce into the store. How do I do it?

I have trees and stuff on the land and harvested them and put them on shelves. But this is so tediuos to do, is this the only way to this or is there some easier way to run a produce store? I want my sims to be able to shop for fruit instead of growing it, giving some of them a reason to get out, does the Computer take over the shop owners and make them produce produce when I visit with another sim?

Your help will be great thank you.

Jack

User Info: Jeni

Jeni
9 years ago#2
If you don't want to sell produce one by one, there is a great Produce packing station at simwardrobe.com (Sims 2 -> Objects -> Business facilitators) that lets you sell produce by the dozen in a crate. It's much more profitable this way since an individual piece of produce doesn't sell for much.

I am sure there is a buyable produce mod available somewhere so your Sims could sell produce bought from buy mode (like they would sell furniture or electronics) without having to grow it themselves, but I can't seem to locate one. This hacked computer: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=64137 lets Sims buy produce and fish. But, I assume that if you bought say a tomato and put it on a shelf, when it was sold and your Sim tried to restock it, it would check your Sim's inventory and not buy mode, so your Sim would need to keep some produce in their inventory. I am not certain though, as I haven't used it.

I am fairly sure that if you send a playable Sim to the business and they buy something, that won't actually affect the business for any other Sims. If you send another family there next, or when the owner goes back there, the business should be as the owner left it - so you won't run out of produce or anything. If your Sims hang out there a while, I am not sure if the Sims will try to make more produce or restock the shelves. I don't often send playable Sims to Sim-owned businesses, so I'm not certain how it works.
4 8 15 16 23 42

User Info: jackoftrades222

jackoftrades222
9 years ago#3
Thank you for your feedback. I'll look for the crates to give even more variety and I'll also look for a mod where produce is infinite. If that doesn't work I'll just make another business lot, just a big gardern for my owner to harvest things. Gives the game a lot more depth.

I hope you are right about sims being able to go and buy stuff without effecting anything, but I have a feeling it doesn't. I like my sims seeing each other and hang out with each other so there are a lot of ky sims who own businesses while other playables come by. In fact every time I make a business lot I use the visitor mod to restrict to only playables though it doesn't work completely. But thanks.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 2: Open for Business
  3. Grocery Store Seasons Style
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A