• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra
  3. Zebulun just died in every single one of the Michtam boss battles.

User Info: Dahvid123

Dahvid123
2 months ago#1
In every single battle the boss would use Awaken Anima followed by their special attack before any of my characters even got a turn. They would always target Zebulun and she would always die despite being at full health.

Asher would come in and use his stocked level 3 Anima followed by a few more attacks to win it. I just think it's bad game design that can even happen.

Unless I knew ahead of time which elemental 1/2 to bring there's no way I could have prevented that.
Sunshine, sunshine ladybugs awake...

User Info: chuckie_um

chuckie_um
2 months ago#2
I mean... the bosses do tell you when they're "Preparing for a special attack" a couple of turns before an anima awakening or similar and that's generally the cue to guard so you can recover full HP and take reduced damage before the enemy decides to bash your face in.

D-Clean, D-Charge, and D-Guard also make for a defensive core where you basically can't die if you've guarded at full (or around 60%ish) HP and will be able to quickly recover to full after tanking whatever attack comes your way. Even on a first playthrough, I never touched the elemental damage reductions because they were kinda pointless compared to using those three discs and just playing it safe whenever I saw the preparing for a special attack message.

The game gives you warnings and general tools so you shouldn't really be caught unaware. At most you could say the boss fights themselves don't warn you they're coming but... save points are right next to all of them just about so that's a pretty big clue. So the fact the game follows through on the bosses being devastating if you don't act accordingly isn't really poor game design.

User Info: BetaSquadron

BetaSquadron
2 months ago#3
Not guarding before an Anima is the gamble you took

User Info: Dahvid123

Dahvid123
2 months ago#4
BetaSquadron posted...
Not guarding before an Anima is the gamble you took

Except they did the Anima and the follow up attack before anyone on my team could take a turn.
Sunshine, sunshine ladybugs awake...
  1. Boards
  2. Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra
  3. Zebulun just died in every single one of the Michtam boss battles.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A