• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra
  3. Looking at the asking price of this game online and...

User Info: LOLZuMadBro

LOLZuMadBro
5 months ago#1
Just for fun lately I've been searching what some of my used games are selling for (or really what people are listing them for).

Xenosaga 1 CIB is around $30, 2 maybe $60-70.

For 3? Damn near $400 if not more is what people want on both sites! Crazy how it just must be so much rarer despite being the newer game.

Luckily I have 2 and 3 CIB already, might have to get a good copy of 1 while it's cheap to replace my disc only copy though...
uMad?
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
5 months ago#2
I'm thinking of putting mine up for $550 or so for the trilogy.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.

User Info: Jaded_Dragon

Jaded_Dragon
2 months ago#3
I just stumbled upon this yesterday. I was looking to see what Wild Arms Alter Code F was going for (also around $300), and this popped up on recommended and I was shocked.

I do have a bit of in-sight into why this probably is the way it is, though. I was working for Gamestop at the time that Xenosaga 3 came out. I distinctly remember people not buying the game and most of the time when I would recommend it to someone looking for an RPG, the response was along the lines of "I really didn't like part 2 and it looks like they aren't going to tie it into Xenogears." I also remember some people saying that it was going to be a 6 game series, but the word had already gotten out that they were stopping at 3.

I realize this is anecdotal, but it lines up with the reported sales numbers for the series...

https://ultimatepopculture.fandom.com/wiki/Xeno_(series)

The first Xenosaga was a commercial success in Japan, selling 450,000 units. It was also reported by Namco as one of their better-selling games overseas.[64][65] The second Xenosaga sold over 256,000 copies in Japan by the end of 2004, and like its predecessor was considered commercially successful overseas.[66][67] The third Xenosaga sold 343,000 units in all territories by the third quarter of 2006.[68]

So it went from selling 450,000 copies in just Japan for part 1, and by the time part 3 rolled around it had sold 343,000 world wide. That is a massive decline and would perfectly explain why the game is so rare these days. No one bought it to begin with.

It's a shame, because while I also did not like part 2, I thought part 3 was pretty damn good.
Buying a game at release these days is basically paying to be a beta tester. -Me

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
2 months ago#4
I see it going for much cheaper on Amazon.

???

User Info: LOLZuMadBro

LOLZuMadBro
2 months ago#5
Yeah that's just what people are listing it for. I actually sold it for around 300
uMad?

User Info: rikku32

rikku32
2 months ago#6
I have two copies of each episode. I got them , one new and one used , years ago.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra
  3. Looking at the asking price of this game online and...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A