• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rogue Galaxy
  3. Insectron guide (not FAQ) to finish quickly?

User Info: Gorilliams

Gorilliams
2 years ago#1
Is there an Insectron guide out there just to get through it with minimal effort? This game is huge enough as is. I'd like to check it off the completion guide but not spend too much time having to hunt or experiment. Just something like "catch this, feed it X, breed with Y, fight...."
Shrike
PSN:Gorilliams/3DS: 3368 1299 4672

User Info: LancetJades

LancetJades
2 years ago#2
There isn't really any EASY way to cheese insectron, especially at higher ranks of play. The best insectors tend to be ones with instant kills, like the scissor beetle that can heave enemies off of the field, and especially the ladybug with its healing skill. The easiest way is probably to save it for after the bonus dungeon and use a dark emperor, because of its infinite-use ranged skill and ability to knockback from normal attacks.

But even insta-kill attacks lose effectiveness in higher ranks, and beating Rank S twice (to get all rewards) pretty much requires a full team of 5 insectors with max stats (or close to max).
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.

User Info: Gorilliams

Gorilliams
2 years ago#3
Eh....guess I'll just ignore it...

Thanks for the info.
Shrike
PSN:Gorilliams/3DS: 3368 1299 4672

User Info: AzMuch

AzMuch
2 years ago#4
I usually have been able to finish Insectron during chapter 8. The last couple of playthroughs I've used a team of 3 staggy hulks (rank 8 staggy or scissor beetle), a bee bee king (rank 8 stingbee) and a military beetle (rank 8 bazoo beetle). I didn't start catching bugs until chapter 6 and then bred them up to rank 8 during chapters 7 and 8.

The bug's stats are randomly set when you breed. It took a little while, but I kept resetting for the final breeding up to rank 8 until each staggy had more than 600 HP, the stingbee had over 420 and the bazoo, over 450. With those kind of stats I could breeze through the first 4 ranks of the tournament. In the higher ranks, the staggies focused on tossing opponents off the board, the bazoo (King) stayed on the back row and fired his cannon long-range, and the stingbee was just kinda there for a staggy to flip a bug over.

The stingbee really came into play in the last few matches. I tried to get it behind enemy lines to poison the opponent's king. Poisoning even works on the Dark Emperors and the White Miracle. I don't like to lose, so if my staggies didn't remove at least 2 enemies on first contact, I'd reset. The stingbee had 3 shots to poison the king before it ran out of special attack charges. If none of them took...reset. Once the king was poisoned it was just a matter of staying out of his way until the poison did its job.

There are plenty of strategies for winning Insectron and this one worked for me. I never liked to wait until after the end of the game.

User Info: AzMuch

AzMuch
2 years ago#5
I reread your post and realized I gave you my strategy but didn't really answer your questions. Kartarius did a better job than I could in a post on the PS4 board:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/183994-rogue-galaxy/73084779

There is a lot of other good information in that post too. Hope it helps.
  1. Boards
  2. Rogue Galaxy
  3. Insectron guide (not FAQ) to finish quickly?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A