• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rogue Galaxy
  3. Coming to ps4 tomorrow

User Info: superboy1281

superboy1281
5 years ago#11
MellowLyricist posted...
Has this game aged well? I actually still have an unopened PS2 copy that I never got around to playing. Thinking of selling it for $5 or something and getting this version instead.

It looks awesome, actually!
PSN superboy0081

User Info: Currystorm

Currystorm
5 years ago#12
MellowLyricist posted...
Has this game aged well? I actually still have an unopened PS2 copy that I never got around to playing. Thinking of selling it for $5 or something and getting this version instead.

I also have an opened copy that I never got around to playing. Every now and then throughout the years, I would get the urge to finally play it but knew it would look like crap on my HDTV. (Oh, how I miss my original 60gig fat PS3 with backwards compatibility that would upscale PS2 games. Persona 4 and Tales of the Abyss looked amazing with the upscaling. But, alas, it died on me and now I have a bunch of PS2 games that look horrible on HDTVs.)

Sooo... I'm definitely going to buy this and finally give it a whirl. I'll keep my physical copy, though, as I keep/collect all the games I buy and try to keep them in the best shape I can.

User Info: thevixengamer69

thevixengamer69
5 years ago#13
I found a review on google that someone did for this game on the PS4, maybe will be useful for anyone wanting to buy but unsure?

http://www.thenewgameplus.com/#!rogue-galaxy/c10vt

superboy1281
5 years ago#14
Loved the game... Im close to plat.. just need the lvl99 BRONZE trophy :.: But dont like gridning for the sake of grinding, and the mobs that drop the good stuff (staves, compass, cloves) give like no xp :.:
PSN superboy0081

User Info: LukeStrife5

LukeStrife5
5 years ago#15
Jaykray posted...
Bought it, along with Dark Cloud (one of my favorite JRPGs from the PS2 era). I've read that RG isn't quite as good as other Level 5 games, like Dark Cloud 2, which was fabulous, but I'm still looking forward to playing it. Now if only Sony would release Dark Cloud 2 for PS4. :)

Dark Cloud 2 is already been approved in the ratings board for the Ps4. So it's on the way. I'd rather get some Grandia love honestly haha
- stuff and things -

User Info: jinobe

jinobe
5 years ago#16
I want all the Suikodens. FFXII. Star Ocean: The Second Story. Saga Frontier. Tactics Ogre. I'll be happy enough.

superboy1281
5 years ago#17
LukeStrife5 posted...
Jaykray posted...
Bought it, along with Dark Cloud (one of my favorite JRPGs from the PS2 era). I've read that RG isn't quite as good as other Level 5 games, like Dark Cloud 2, which was fabulous, but I'm still looking forward to playing it. Now if only Sony would release Dark Cloud 2 for PS4. :)

Dark Cloud 2 is already been approved in the ratings board for the Ps4. So it's on the way. I'd rather get some Grandia love honestly haha

Just gimme all PS2 RPGs and Im golden, thank you! =)
PSN superboy0081

User Info: Ignominal

Ignominal
5 years ago#18
superboy1281 posted...
LukeStrife5 posted...
Jaykray posted...

Just gimme all PS2 RPGs and Im golden, thank you! =)

What this person said!

User Info: ScarletCape

ScarletCape
5 years ago#19
I wish they'd make it available for download in the Playstation Store so I could play it on my PS3. It won't run on my PS2 anymore. It ran for awhile and then quit. Every other game runs on my system but this one. Sad. Anybody else experience this? Thanks!

User Info: Kartarius

Kartarius
5 years ago#20
ScarletCape posted...
I wish they'd make it available for download in the Playstation Store so I could play it on my PS3. It won't run on my PS2 anymore. It ran for awhile and then quit. Every other game runs on my system but this one. Sad. Anybody else experience this? Thanks!

There were a few games near the end of the PS2's life that used a different type of disc, one that was capable of better data storage or frame rate or something like that. Rogue Galaxy and Wild Arms A:CF were the only two I owned with this type of disc. I had the same issues and I own a PS2 slim version.

What I ended up having to do was prop one side of my PS2 onto a book or something so that it was sitting at around a 45 degree angle and the games began working. I was finally able to play and beat Wild Arms A:CF and got really far into Rogue Galaxy.
English has far more lives than a cat. How do I know? People have been murdering English for years--and it refuses to die. If anything, it just gets stronger.
  1. Boards
  2. Rogue Galaxy
  3. Coming to ps4 tomorrow
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A