Communication Error. Connection Lost. How to fix?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 5
  3. Communication Error. Connection Lost. How to fix?

User Info: Grymatta

Grymatta
9 years ago#1
My friend and I kept getting this msg and kept getting dropped from game. We played earlier in the day for 2 hours and had no problems whatsoever. When we tried again an hour ago..keep getting this message:

Communication Error. Connection Lost. and we couldnt play together. Is there a way to fix this w/o setting our routers using DMZ?

thanks

User Info: Fuuinashi

Fuuinashi
9 years ago#2
It happened to me yesterday, randomly during a Merc match. After that, it wouldn't let me do anything online in RE5 anymore.

All I did was reboot the console, go to Network settings, and run the Internet Connection setting process again to reestablish parameters, and the problem was fixed.
PSN: Fuuinashi (Looking for good Merc players)
Mercenaries Stats: Solo- 23 S Ranks / 2 SS Ranks // Duo- 5 S Ranks / 35 SS Ranks

User Info: Cyberbunni3

Cyberbunni3
9 years ago#3
Sometimes I get this even when im not even playing with anybody, lols.
[ PSN : sinodaxadonis ]
[: ilovebeyonce :]

User Info: fake_Hippy

fake_Hippy
9 years ago#4
if you use a wireless connection, don't. i hate people who use wireless connections.
PSN: Hippy7

User Info: Grymatta

Grymatta
9 years ago#5
fake_Hippy posted...
if you use a wireless connection, don't. i hate people who use wireless connections.
---
PSN: Hippy7

Dude, this problem has nothing to do with wireless connection. Its a firewall/router issue. In case you havent noticed, we live in a wireless society. Everyone has at least a dozen wireless devices in their households. I bet you're still using DialUp to post on here arent you?

User Info: SairentoZ7

SairentoZ7
9 years ago#6
I get it now and then, but it usually goes away on its own.
http://www.youtube.com/SairentoZ7
PSN: Silent_Zone7
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 5
  3. Communication Error. Connection Lost. How to fix?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived