• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: videogamerman2k

videogamerman2k
10 years ago#11
It's a shame that arcades has been as uncommon, and as unpopular as payphones these days, as I loved them back in the 80's, and early 90's. I would literally be able to spend a whole weekend, and blow all of my allowance in one when they were good, which were definitely the days! Now I'm lucky if I even find an arcade period, and if so, find one good game I can play in it, that I already can't play at home. Thankfully I have my own arcade at my house, which allows me to relive the glory days of arcades whenever I want to. In the meantime, let's hope Sega (and other companies) get around to porting their remaining arcade games to consoles A.S.A.P.!

User Info: Weskermaniac

Weskermaniac
10 years ago#12
House of the Dead was always my fav arcade game and every time I saw one of them I just played it.I think the 4th game is the best though.Keep your handguns and shotguns, I think machine guns are the best for high scores.Maybe that's because I have an obssession with getting headshots and Perfects lol.Now all I need to do is wait until SEGA port the game to console, which could take forever.
''Friendly fire-isn't'':unkown.CoD4.

videogamerman2k
10 years ago#13
Well at least light gun games are sort of making a comeback, and I really hope that genre never dies, since it's one of my favorites, and is second behind beat em up games to me. At least light gun games are gaining a new audience on the Nintendo Wii, with all the good gun games that system now has for it. It's just too bad the graphics on the Wii would probably have trouble with The House Of The Dead 4, as that's probably why it hasn't gotten a long overdue console port yet. I really hope we'll hear some news about it before long, though I'll admit that at least the Wii got The House Of The Dead: Overkill, which is a very enjoyable game, that has also somewhat lessened the need for H.O.T.D. 4 to get a console port, even if I'd still really like to be able to play this game at home one day.

User Info: banana360

banana360
10 years ago#14
I'd really like the time crisis and HoTD series to continue in arcades but it doesn't seem quite likely... =(
PSN: banana360boy
Only online weekend nights and some holidays.

videogamerman2k
10 years ago#15
Well you got your wish with Time Crisis, as Namco is making a Time Crisis 5, according to the Time Crisis Wikipedia page. Sega also still needs to make a fifth House Of The Dead game to continue the storyline, so that's not too far fetched either. It's also awesome that Sega is finally porting Gunblade N.Y., and L.A. Machineguns to the Wii, considering those games didn't get arcade ports until now. Hopefully that package sells well, which will only make Sega's decision easier to (hopefully) eventually port The House Of The Dead 4, Virtua Cop 3, and The Ocean Hunter to consoles in the not too distant future.

banana360
10 years ago#16
A new time crisis game?! Sweet!

But yes, they do need a house of the dead 5 to reveal the "mystery man" who appears in the house of the dead 3's best ending and that "other pandora's box" he mentions in the best ending in house of the dead 4.

videogamerman2k
10 years ago#17
Well Sega could maybe make a sequel to Overkill, and possibly make that the fifth House Of The Dead game. I'd prefer that to not be the case, but it would be better than nothing, especially since Overkill was very good, and popular. I also can't wait to see who the "Mystery Man" is, and to see if he's who I think he is.

banana360
10 years ago#18
I dunno why but some thing it's Harry Harris the one who gets chainsawed in the house of the dead 2.
I think it's someone we haven't seen yet. Maybe another member of the Curien family... I dunno. But I highly doubt it's Harry.

User Info: ninto55

ninto55
10 years ago#19
It'd be too easy to be Harry, I'm going to guess Washingtons farther, or atleast something to do with him, which would be explored in whatever game comes next. I had a fan fiction a few years ago about hotd5 where the mysteryman was never really confirmed who he was, but he transformed into the devil, due to some zombie thing he put in him (and the last Terra card or whatever they are called)
Game currently playing: Golden Sun, Dead Rising, Splinter Cell conviction, Chibi-Robo, Counter-Strike, and Perfect Dark.
Remember the Alien Hominid.

banana360
10 years ago#20
and the last Terra card or whatever they are called

Tarot cards, and yes, there is one of the devil. Number XV I think. They also have the priestess and moon to use.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A