• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: videogamerman2k

videogamerman2k
10 years ago#1

How come this board was abandoned, and where did everybody here go? I'm surprised that nobody is screaming bloody murder over this game not getting a long overdue console port yet, which I thought for certain would happen by now!

User Info: Knux19

Knux19
10 years ago#2
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: banana360

banana360
10 years ago#3
Boo!

Nah, seriously, I hope they make a house of the dead 5 IN ARCADES! Not this wii trash.
Bear-so-na.

videogamerman2k
10 years ago#4
Yeah, I'm really hoping for the House Of The Dead 5 too, and a sequel to H.O.T.D. Overkill will be nice too. In the meantime, I want a port of The House Of The Dead 4 NOW, and what is it with Sega keeping some of their best games to rot in arcades? I don't care which system this game might come out for, and while I'm personally hoping for a Playstation 3 release, I'll gladly take a (graphically) watered down Wii port if needed, which is obviously a lot better than nothing (or having to buy the actual machine to play the game at home), to say the least. I'm also sure that the graphics won't be THAT bad on the Wii, since Overkill looked pretty impressive on that system, I think.

banana360
10 years ago#5
At first they said something like an Xbox360 release, I think. Dunno what made them change their mind...

Cost? No time? Wanted to rush onto the next project?

Sega, they started out excellent with sonic and phantasy star and great arcade titles, now with nerdy Gates in the gaming things are all for the money, not the fun.
Bear-so-na.

videogamerman2k
10 years ago#6
I remember when this game was supposed to come out for the X-Box 360, and it seemed like a foregone conclusion that was going to be the case, until it didn't happen for some reason. While that'll be better than nothing, I'd much prefer for this game to get a PS3, or a Wii release, since I don't own, and do not plan on getting a 360 for now, and I'd obviously be forced to buy that system if H.O.T.D. 4 came out for it. I think the main problem is that there's no clear cut system for this game to get ported to, since each one has a major strength, and weakness for doing so. The Wii has the best light guns available (and the strongest light gun market out of the three consoles), but has the weakest graphics, and it's the complete opposite for the 360. I do think the PS3 would be good for this game, since it does have the graphical horsepower for the game, and light guns available (that being the Namco GunCon 3), but it's tough to get them, since you can't buy them seperately. Who knows if Namco would even allow the GunCon 3 to work with this game, since they're pretty big rivals with Sega, may not want to exactly help them out, and possibly allow them to take sales away from their games, not to mention that House Of The Dead 4 may not even have much of a market with PS3 owners. It seems like it's pretty much the Wii, or nothing at this point, despite the graphical hit this game will no doubt have to take if it gets a Wii release, as I'm sure more than many gamers would be willing to take, just to get this game home in any way possible.

banana360
10 years ago#7
Maybe that's why they cancelled, the 360 doesn't have the light guns. The wii would probably be best even if the graphics have to scale down... Since I've already got 2 and 3 return for the wii it would make it like a collection. I don't see why Sega can't port HotD 4 to the wii if they've already ported Ghost squad and 2 and 3 (both of which I own). Or could they be waiting until next gen when the graphics may be up to speed to meet the standards for the arcade...?
Bear-so-na.

User Info: Careful_Crab

Careful_Crab
10 years ago#8
Hope they eventually decide to port this. Thankfully my arcade has it, so I can wait.

I couldn't really care less which system gets it, as long as it happens.
When has talking to an insane person ever worked, why does she talk with someone who tries to kill her, and why am I playing such a bad game in the first place?

videogamerman2k
10 years ago#9

At this point, I'm almost willing to bet that the Wii's graphics are the main reason why H.O.T.D. 4 has yet to be ported to that system, though Sega did previously say that the Wii CAN run that game, but who knows at this point. Ghost Squad, and House Of The Dead 2&3, and Overkill all sold well, and I'm certain that House Of The Dead 4 definitely will.H.O.T.D.: Overkill also had very good graphics, and House Of The Dead 4 won't look too bad on the Wii if the graphics are asnice as Overkill'sare, and I think that game mostly proved. that thegraphics for a Wii port of House Of The Dead 4 can at least mostly handle that game.

I also really would like to see Virtua Cop 3, Lethal Enforcers 3, The Ocean Hunter, and Police 911 1&2 get Wii ports too, as they're awesome games that have yet to get console ports. Heck, even the original House Of The Dead should get another console release, and while I do have the Sega Saturn version of it, the graphics mostly leave a lot to be desired. I'm sure many gamers will get that game too, especially since not so many still (or have ever) owned a Saturn, and that the first H.O.T.D. game for that system is a pretty tough find these days.

I'd also love to see Namco's Razing Storm get a PS3 release, and I think that will at least happen, since that system definitely has the power to run that game, not to mention the factthat Namco prefers Sony when it comes to gun games, and obviously has a light gunmade for the PS3. I know Razing Storm will at least make me want to use my GonCon 3 a whole lot more, and will make me even happier that I got a PS3.

banana360
10 years ago#10
I don't know about the original on it's own. If they put 2 and 3 together I think the first one will be released on a collection or something.
OR better yet, it could be like a bonus feature as part of HotD 4!
Sega really shine in the arcade department. Sadly, arcades seem to be degrading and becoming unpopular... Some other arcade ports to the wii would be nice though...
Bear-so-na.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A