• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The House of the Dead 4
  3. The House of The Dead: In Goldman's Mind

User Info: ROCK1990

ROCK1990
11 years ago#1
Here is another gem from my defunct Sega forum account, which was my first initial writing project on The House of The Dead. This is told from the perspective of Celeb Goldman and what motivates him as well as what happens throughout the events of the series.

Enjoy:

The world is a beautiful place. Such a thing of splendid beauty is something that shines in great decadence. That's what I thought of the world. Never in my life had I been moved by something so great, which would lead me to gain a new appreciation for the gift that was given to all of us. Considering myself a keeper of the planet was something that I was very adept at doing. Viewing a never-ending beauty every day was gracious for me, I never imagined anything that could possibly ruin this great view. But like many great things, they all come to a screeching end. When that moment came, I as a person began to change. My perspectives on things around me had been greatly affected and I began to think more differently than I ever had before. Harboring hatred was something I had refused to do, but then I realized that no matter how much you try to stay on the path of good, you end up on the other side. The menace that had been exploiting this great planet was an enemy that I had seen daily. It wasn't in hiding, it was around me. The enemy was US.
I suddenly began to realize that it was us that was causing so much chaos and destruction to the planet. Humans were the cause. Whether it was destroying the environment by destroying rainforests or polluting the air that we breathe, we were not going about our jobs the right way. This planet was given to us and we were given the task of taking care of it. However, that has been a tremendous failure. We should be ashamed of ourselves. Then the audacious behavior of our civilization reached a new level.

The public had been very outspoken against Human Genome research. In my studies, I had been intrigued at the subject of the Human Genome and made that my new interest in a dilapidated, collapsing world. With my vast fortunes, I began to invest millions and millions of dollars to learn more about this human phenomenon. My scientists had barely scratched the surface in terms of what could be learned and discovered. So I took it upon myself to contact a scientist who was very well known and respected within the scientific community, but feared and despised in the public's eye. His name was Roy Curien.

The drive for his motivation was because of his son, Daniel. He and his wife had been plagued by the sad and tragic news that he was "incurable" and that nothing could be done to save him. Through this news, Roy explained to me how he was able to manipulate the Human Genome code and replicate actual working genes which could replace the "incurable" ones. Curien wanted to go through the appropriate channels by making some of his work public matter, and hopefully swaying their opinion by showing that his work could be used for the greater good. But did they like it? No, because they couldn't stand the controversy regarding the issue, but their own beliefs got in the way. In order to have your way with the public, they cannot know anything, and I mean anything. That's what my father had taught me, and now I was going to teach Curien this important lesson. Then he told me of what he could really do, and how impactful it could be.
I LOVE LIZZY CAPLAN!!
Proud Member of the Mickie Maniacs

ROCK1990
11 years ago#2
Curien had told me of a great plan that he had envisioned. Being able to mass produce these genes and allow them to be used, regardless of what the government had said. So I agreed to fully fund his project. In order to keep these experiments out of harms way and out of public knowledge, I was able to acquire a massive mansion which had been secluded for at least 70 years. There Curien and my scientists were able to begin studying and producing these genes. I knew that I was doing the right thing, by allowing a small voice within a large scientific community to be heard. With this taken care off, I began to turn my attention back to the state of the world.

The state didn't change. Wars and disease continued to spread like the plague affecting everything unconditionally without remorse. Humans were indeed responsible for these atrocities occurring throughout the world, and I had been embarrassed to be considered a human. Through their recklessness, they would only continue to rage on with their behavior and drive the world to the fate of complete, inevitable doom. I didn't despise my fellow humans, just what they did. Then it happened. Curien had been pushed way to far.

His wife, Lisa had died of a heart attack. Some say that her heart was weak, but I found out on my own that she had been confronted by some angry demonstrators outside of a market. They berated her and her husband, calling him "a hellspawn" trying to play God. They insulted her, and insulted her, until she couldn't take it anymore. She collapsed immediately. That was also the final straw for myself as well.

I spent the next few weeks trying to help Roy get over his pain. But just like being pushed over the edge mentally, Roy had already been pushed over the edge. His mind was brilliant, but it couldn't be saved. From this point on, I knew that Roy would not only be a threat to me, but to himself and to his son. I kept my plans secret, though my mind began to flip flop uncontrollably for some time regarding what I should do with Roy. He was my friend, but all I could do was just sympathize with him.

December 18, 1998 was the day I didn't want to live through, but some things in life just simply cannot be avoided, as they persist with a gradience that cannot be shaken. I had learned from my "source" that a government organization, known as the AMS had dispatched two agents to go to the mansion and bring Curien to justice. I warned Roy about them, but he shockingly was already one step ahead of me. He had been able to replicate already dead corpses and make them alive again. He mass produced them behind my back, as I had no knowledge of these "projects" Curien had been conducting behind my back.
I LOVE LIZZY CAPLAN!!

ROCK1990
11 years ago#3
Three days later, I learn from my "source" that half of my scientists had been killed and the other half were able to survive. I then knew that I must carry out my plan. I couldn't let Curien proceed any further, after all he was going to be interfering with my master plan. A plan that couldn't afford to be trifled. I drove to the house, finding several dead scientists and the reanimated bodies of the dead Curien had brought back scattered across the fields. The fumes of death had petrified me and the air was unbearable to breathe without making you sick to your stomach. The bile in my throat began to rise up and I could only watch and smell the destruction that had occurred here. Using the underground passageway, I gained easy access to Curien's lair. He wasn't there which surprised me, but was the ultimate opportunity to unfurl my plan's preliminary steps.

His creation, a creature known as the Type 0 "Magician" was kept in its incubation chamber. Through my machinations, I discovered that the creature hadn't been fully programmed. I then instilled my own programming upon the creature, though he would awaken when Curien requested it. Then I sat back and watched as the AMS thought they had defeated Curien. I had those fools believe that the Magician had somehow malfunctioned and attacked Curien by mistake. Deep down, Roy knew that his time was coming to an end. Thanks to my "source" I was able to have Roy's body taken to be given an appropriate burial, then I was able to acquire all of Roy's designs and creations. They were now in my hands, but then I forgot something. Daniel, he had been staying in a hidden guest room within the house, due to his comatose state still not being cleared up. I had my medical team take him to one of my finest doctors, where he was able to rehabilitate Daniel back to normal, though he did posses an "extra" ability which he didn't know about, neither did my doctors, until I had seen it for myself.

I felt bad for Roy, but all I could do was make sure that he didn't die in vain. He was a great friend, but he was suffering beyond what a normal person could endure. Though his grit and passion for his family and his work would always be remembered by me as the true sign and will of a great man. Slowly, I began to see the light to Roy's plan of using the undead as a weapon. I took it upon myself to mass produce these creatures, and use them as my protection. While the public's image of me hadn't changed, I decided to conduct a press conference in Venice, Italy where my so called "scientific findings" would be announced. This was just a mere front for the next part of my plan which would change the world and myself. The only negative was though I would run into my ULTIMATE OPPOSITE. Someone whose beliefs and thoughts constituted no constraint, but he was on the opposite side. He was AMS Special Agent James Taylor.

Once again, outside interference was prevalent, though the possibility was inevitable. Luckily, I had everything set up, fully knowing that the AMS would some how be on yet another crusade to end the madness that would continue from Roy Curien's lifes work. My organization, DBR was my playground, where I was able to fully reconstruct and recreate the creatures that Curien had created, although my creations were slightly smarter and unrelentless. But, that wouldn't stop the AMS, nor would it stop James Taylor.
I LOVE LIZZY CAPLAN!!

ROCK1990
11 years ago#4
Thanks to my "source" I was able to make sure that the so called surprise appearance of AMS Agent G was kept out of the way. I didn't want for him to be eliminated completely, and luckily Kuarl and Judgment were able to do as I asked them. Thanks to my "source", I was able to have a good idea about what parts of the city that the AMS would be investigating, and luckily for me, they happened to be in the areas of attack. Everything had fallen and to place, and it was up to time to tell if whether or not it would succeed.

My plan was to make sure that half of the world would falter, weakening it to a state where recovery would be nearly impossible. I intended for my ultimate creation, The Emperor to be the weapon for this attack, though as he began to rest within his incubation chamber, I receive a premonition of sorts, in which the world had fallen due to something of greater power. Due to a creature of unbelievable dominance, and something that seemingly couldn't be destroyed. I immediately began to research what could possibly be done to create something of such power. Then, I had realized the reality of the situation. The Emperor would fail in comparison to this benevolent creature. Soon, I knew what had to be done, because it had to. Even if meant my death, which would be taking a chance spinning that wheel and hoping that fate would be on my side. Even if it didn't, change needed to be brought about and I was the only man to do this.

The AMS had once again fought their way through the city, although one of their "own" managed to get injured at the hands of Strength. I laughed, taunting them at the Coliseum, although James Taylor and his friend Gary Stewart's persistence was something I found to be very irritating. They barely escaped the Coliseum alive, and what I had in store for them was going to be the turning point of everything. It would dictate whether my master plan would work or not.
Anticipation of the AMS breaching my complex was inevitable, so I just decided to make sure that they made it in. I had re-created the Magician and made him my own, though the original sample data used to create him was the same. He was seemingly defeated by the AMS, but that was to be expected, since the Emperor was going to get the job done, or at least that was suppose to happen.

At last the my friends from the AMS stormed into my office, with their weapons drawn. Had they chose to shoot me dead, the lock for The Emperor and the creature of immense power would have set off, and it would be game over. However, they actually were interested in gaining as much information as possible. The first obligatory question Agent Taylor and Stewart asked me was, Why? Why would I be doing this?

Well it was a simple question with a simplific answer. I told them why, I was keeping the world stable. Disease, wars, death, etc. was completely inevitable and it was eating away the world, not to mention the overpopulation of the planet, which was also a big problem. I wasn't destroying humanity, but simply reverting it to a beginning, where all that had been occurring for years would no longer continue and these problems would cease to exist. I was doing the planet favor, and nothing could stop me at that point. The old me would have slapped me in the face and tell me to run away. But the old me and my ways of thinking were dead. They said that the answer wasn't enough, but if they had the brains and the knowledge, then they would perfectly understand what I was doing and for what reasons. But when your an echo of a social realm, you refuse to see the light in what is considered to be wrong.
I LOVE LIZZY CAPLAN!!

ROCK1990
11 years ago#5
Enough of the chit chat. I told them about the Emperor and I gave them a front row ticket to it's debut, if you will. My creation came out of its incubation chamber and gave them a good show. I wasn't there for the confrontation, but I used the time to make sure that my "plans" were ready and in place. Everything was set, and now I had to make sure the AMS really understood what would happen next.

I appeared on the rooftop, to see the Emperor destroyed. While I had thought he was indestructible, my premonition had changed my thoughts. I told them that it wasn't over, there would be a sucessor. I bid them a modest and sincere farewell and plunged down from the roof. I closed my eyes and realized that everything was ready. The Creature was ready for unleashing on a time lock that I had set. Daniel was safe, staying at the main EFI Research Facility, where he began to assist the scientists there with some projects. My "source" would continue to secretly run things behind the scenes, especially since he had inside access to the AMS. Once my body hit the concrete, it was over. My Ultimate plan for assisting the world would soon come. In 3 years, there will be chaos beyond your wildest dreams. Destruction, Death and everything in between will arise and a new era would dawn. The World's rebirth was already planned, and my friends from the AMS would soon learn why you should try to pay attention to what it said. James Taylor would meet a fate worse than mine, and once he suffered, then he would learn. I am Celeb Goldman, and I bid you all a farewell and remember one thing,

HOPE IS SUCH A SPLENDID THING.

The END

Enjoy guys!
I LOVE LIZZY CAPLAN!!
  1. Boards
  2. The House of the Dead 4
  3. The House of The Dead: In Goldman's Mind
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A