• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The House of the Dead 4
  3. Republic Of The Dead ver. 5.1

User Info: drag10

drag10
12 years ago#41
lol the "one-by-one" tactic...everytime i try it, i end up losing more life than i want to. still not used to it yet x_x

User Info: xx1981

xx1981
12 years ago#42

@drag: OK me cfm not going to parkway today... cos reached home and slept close to 2am yest after my ADND.. now like a zombie... how to play badminton :D

Regarding the "one-by-one" method, I initially also never played like that... but I soon grew to like it because I found it more challenging than shooting zombies before they get close to you. It increases the number of times you are grabbed in thewhole of the game and hence you get more points.

Also, dunno how to explain it.. you may say its a bit foolhardy but I like the thrill and danger of killing the zombies a fraction of a second before they slash me...which is why I love the hunchback zombies so much. If I am not wrong, their slash attacks are one of the fastest in hotd4. To be able to kill them with continual perfects just 1 milli-second before they slash you is thrilling.

The most challenging is when you have around 3 hunchback zombies swaying left and right in front of you and you have to spot the first zombie that slashes you and kill it with a perfect. It is really a test of speed and reaction. Its true that you can lose a lot of lives.. maybe even up to 3 at the shutter... but I would rather lose lives playing in my favourite way than play safe and lose the thrill of the game.

drag10
12 years ago#43
lol my biggest problem is that when there are alot of zombies rushing me, i tend to get excited and lose focus easily -_-" hmm later i'll try improving on my way of playing "one-by-one", hopefully i can enjoy the thrill of "zombie mobs vs human" more =D

User Info: Wongster

Wongster
12 years ago#44
You guys sure must love thrills a lot. I won't even dare to wait for hunchbacks to attack me before shooting at them. Their left hand attacks are just too damn fast...

But of course, at least you'll feel good freebeating their huge faces if AND ONLY IF you are lucky enough to get grabbed by them.
[HOUSE] [OF] [THE] [DEAD] Ideal, Trial, Faith, Reality,
~~~~~~~~~~[4]~~~~~~~~~ Metempsychosis...

User Info: xx1981

xx1981
12 years ago#45

@drag: But having said that, shooting "one-by-one" has some disadvantages:

[1] Although each time only 1 zombie will attack, sometimes there is a situation where the zombie behind the one approaching you starts the first attack. Classic example I can think off right away is when those zombies holding axes attack behind those head shaking zombies in S4. It is super hard to deal with cos the shaking head of the zombie in front blocks the right handed axe attack behind :(

[2] When the screen is moving, it is not advisable to kill them one-by-one as the spot you aim at shifts rapidly and thus you may miss the headshot completely. Unless of course you have super concentration and focus :o

@Wongster: Agree with you that the hunchbacks left-handed attack is very fast. Also, when the screen is moving left when you are coming down from the staircase in S3, I do not wait for each to attack me for the very reason given to drag in [2] above.

@All: The zombies I find hardest to deal with is those wearing all black in S5. Their frontal attack is manageable but when they start their "shadow jinks" then swivel 360 degrees and kick you, it is super fast lor... I can deal with both the hunchback's left and right hand attacks quite decently but those zombie-in-black's swivel kick, I not sure of the method to deal with it to get headshot... must try to observe more carefully :shock:

Also, a question I would like to pose to all is... is it possible for P2 to headshot those zombies-in-black who jump onto the car? If I am taking P2, I always cannot get the headshot. Maybe I don't know the method yet. Not sure if this has been discussed before in previous hotd4 threads but if it has, I have missed it completely and would appreciate if anyone can enlighten me again :idea:

drag10
12 years ago#46
man, i still cant play "one-by-one" with the hunchbacks. since they can either give a left or right swipe (dang, both are still fast attacks ><), its hard to tell which one they're gonna use x_x

@1981: about the agent zombies jumping on the car in S5, i also want to know about that one. i think i vaguely remember a small discussion on that topic long time ago, but i forgot it.

for a dw game, anyone knows which attack (kick or step) are the agent zombies likely to perform when they jump on the car?

User Info: ice_54

ice_54
12 years ago#47
drag: that 1 i can say is mostly based on luck. i think you can try this

before u reach S5, have the p1 side more score than the p2 side. might be able to get the agent go lift his leg up to stomp u.

cause usually i team with my partner my score would be abit higher than him by a little so we would always get the kick.

=/
"my heart has been locked down by her, cause she's different"

User Info: force_edge

force_edge
12 years ago#48
@xx1981: Congrats on your achievement, sorry for late congrats as i have been quite absent from this forum for awhile :) Been very busy with school, part time work, and DarkEden!

I second Wongster's statement regarding hunchbacks. Spraying upwards for headshots works good enough for me. Usually :D But then i not score-chiongster like you all lol.

Re: Agent Kickers: If i remember correctly, he has a much higher chance of kicking P2 than P1. In a solo game for either situation. So if playing P2, please be ready to spray his hot bod or eat a leather plated kick from his agent boot.
My PSP isn't "phat", YOU are. Fat.
Kotaku.com = UNRELIABLE LIARS.

User Info: Wongster

Wongster
12 years ago#49
I've only managed to headshot the agent zombie who jumps onto the car, as P2, like, ONCE IN MY ENTIRE CAREER AS A ZOMBIE SLAYER.......
[HOUSE] [OF] [THE] [DEAD] Ideal, Trial, Faith, Reality,
~~~~~~~~~~[4]~~~~~~~~~ Metempsychosis...

User Info: ice_54

ice_54
12 years ago#50
@wongster: SAME! HI FIVE! apparently they didn't like kate that much compared to james.
perhaps they are gay? xD
"my heart has been locked down by her, cause she's different"
  1. Boards
  2. The House of the Dead 4
  3. Republic Of The Dead ver. 5.1
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A