• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The House of the Dead 4
  3. Republic Of The Dead ver. 5.1

User Info: Wongster

Wongster
12 years ago#31
Whoa, 387k for S3 and you can still end up with 622k in the end? Your S4 S5 S6 must've been power.
[HOUSE] [OF] [THE] [DEAD] Ideal, Trial, Faith, Reality,
~~~~~~~~~~[4]~~~~~~~~~ Metempsychosis...

User Info: xx1981

xx1981
12 years ago#32

@Wongster: Maybe I compensated by more farming ... I honestly can't rem liao.. I was too excited about the possibility of breaking my personal best that I was somewhat dazed from S4 onwards.. but perhaps its a bit of luck

@ice: Woah if the guns are still the same then that's quite demoralising :(

@drag: this sunday maybe going parkway after my badminton..

Played at Bishan again today.. imagine my horror that just after 1 day, the gun calibration worsened by quite a bit.. managed 613k today ..

Wongster
12 years ago#33
Even with intense farming, reaching 620k alone from 387k in S3 is hard enough, let alone 622k. Your luck must've been really good in the last 3 stages.

xx1981
12 years ago#34

@Wongster: Actually, correct me if I am wrong... it is possible to get up to 100k, 85k and 65k or even more for S4, S5 and S6 respectively.. so 387k+100k+85k+65k ~ 640k liao .. so 622k should be possible bah :)

But even though I could get 622k, it is still not even anywhere close to those high scores of our top-notch local players, much less the world record of 694k (it may have gone up even more since I saw it online 3 months ago so I am not too sure liao).. that's why in retrospect, I feel 622k is nothing to be too happy about except that I improved my personal best that's all :oops:

@All: But I take it a step at a time... my current dream is to try to go beyond 660k .. it may seem very ambitious at first blush.. but in life, I always believe that if one sets a higher target, he will be able to achieve more than just setting a mediocre benchmark.. A most archetypal case is myself... a year ago, I could only achieve 450k however hard I try.. but I still reserved a dream target of 600k in my heart with dogged determination. Now that I have crossed that 600k bridge, the next dream mountain before me is 700k lol ... :D

Wongster
12 years ago#35
Possible, but not always. Maybe only that 694k fellar could get those scores on a constant basis for the last 3 stages, but I have to admit that even myself or that other person above me in hotd4 scoring have a hard time getting those kind of scores. And even if we did, we wouldn't get them altogether (eg. 100k for S4, but kelong S5, or 85k for S5, but kelong both S4 and S6), which is why I said your luck must have been real good.

You should notice by now that everytime any of us play 1 or more particular stages well, we tend to kelong at least 1 of the other stages. Very rarely we play well through all 6 stages.

xx1981
12 years ago#36

I quite agree with you on the difficulty of achieving the benchmark score for every stage.. as evident in yesterday's game where I got 109k for S1, 266k for S2, 378k at S3, then 475k at S4, 555k for S5 and ended S6 with 613k :?

So in summary,

S1 - 109k ; S2 - 157k ; S3 - 112k ; S4 - 97k ; S5 - 80k and S6 - 58k and

comparing to my benchmark (that would give me 660k) of S1 - 125k ; S2 - 165k ; S3 - 120k ; S4 - 100k ; S5 - 85k ; S6 - 65k,

Yesterday, most stages were played quite below par. For S1, the part where a lot of zombies crash onto the floor from the glass ceiling above, after shooting a few, I missed a lot of zombies when the screen very rapidly turned to the 400 point coin panel.

Will try to snap my scores for the various stages when I play again... so I can know which stages I am usually poor in and beef it up! :)

User Info: drag10

drag10
12 years ago#37
@1981: lol i envy u man, since you're able to constantly improve your scores. mine only improves like once every few months or so, and by a small amount @_@ (ytd managed to improve by 2-3k+). aha, maybe on sunday, you can give me some advice on improving my farming techniques =x

@wongster: yo, long time no see. how ya been? btw, do you know what's the present top score for dw?

Wongster
12 years ago#38
?? How would i know that? The only top DW score i know is my own personal high...

And speaking of that, what WAS my personal DW high...?

*brain explodes*

User Info: ice_54

ice_54
12 years ago#39
lol jul, IIRC, i last heard ur DW high score was near 800k. more than my 750k+ lol
"my heart has been locked down by her, cause she's different"

xx1981
12 years ago#40

Today played quite good from S1 to S3 then suddenly from S4 onwards... dunno wad happened... played so badly and eventually ended up with only 605k+ which was very very disappointing!! :cry:

Got my personal highest ever for S3... see the snapshot I took.. http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u98/xx1981/

So at the end of S3, I did a mental calculation that if I play decently enough for the remaining part of the game, coupled with some good fortune...maybe .. just maybe.. I can have a chance to inch nearer to 630k.

But unfortunately, perhaps its the overwhelming pressure of the possibility of getting close to 630k (its prolly unlikely but still got an iota of chance) ... I succumbed to the stress and my S4 & S6 totally a mess.. S4 only got a mere 85k, S5 quite alright then S6 really abysmal. Haiz.. :(

@drag: Going for my company's Annual Dinner and Dance soon.. should be back quite late so dunno tmr still want to play badminton anot... so tmr if you dun see me by 4 pm, means most likely I will be there next week bah. But no probs, although my farming is not really good, I can give you a few suggestions on the method of play if I am at parkway... but my playing manner is mostly waiting for each zombie to attack me one by one.. so not sure if you used to it... :P

1. Boards
  2. The House of the Dead 4
  3. Republic Of The Dead ver. 5.1
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A