• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The House of the Dead 4
  3. So.... IS THIS COMING OUT FOR CONSOLES OR NOT?!

User Info: PWNAGE_9_5

PWNAGE_9_5
13 years ago#1
Come on, guys! We waited nearly 4 years for this game to be on next gen consoles and it NEVER COMES!:( WTF?!!! I doubt it's going to even BE on consoles. It might only be exclusive for arcades.:evil:

User Info: SonicSP

SonicSP
13 years ago#2
This game came out late 2005....that's 3 years and thats only at the near end of the year so it's around 2.5 years.

The bottom line is this:There is no official news or comfirmation from Sega about a console or PC port.For this time,there is no port.We should probably not expect one any time soon.The only news of any HoTD related port is HoTD 2&3 Return for the Wii in March.

However,Ghost Squad had to wait around 3 years before a port was to be even released.This gives some hope to HoTD 4 I guess.How Ghost Squad and HoTD 2&3R sell might affect whether Sega decides to port HoTD 4,if at all.

I'm more worried about lack of information on a HoTD 5 actually,rather than the lack of an arcade game.One is annouced every 3 years If I'm not mistken......and it's almost 3 years already.

"I've waited a very long time for this.Now you shall have a taste of the pain I've endured"-Magician,HoTD 4 Special

User Info: dinzyangel

dinzyangel
13 years ago#3

What, no House of the Dead 5! That's so rude!

--
All hail to Danny Phantom, Jake Long and Ron Stoppable fan club!

User Info: neogm14

neogm14
13 years ago#4
I personally could care less about another release of HOTD 2 and 3, they were both on the xbox years ago and most likely will not even look as good on the weaker hardware of the wii. I just want an xbox 360 port of hotd 4 with a gun that will work with backwards compatible hotd3 game.

User Info: LeXiNgToN33

LeXiNgToN33
13 years ago#5
must be because light guns don't work on hdtvs
XBL:LeXxXiNgToN Wii:7927-4706-9607-5029 PSN:JumpMan33
PSWii60 = Win!!

User Info: micxiao

micxiao
13 years ago#6
i wan hotd4 for consoles~~~ haha =x
"i do have an internet connection but it doesnt work"
- JediKnightGairu

User Info: force_edge

force_edge
12 years ago#7
Older shooters use light guns that calibrate positioning based on the refresh rate of the TV screen, hence why they work with the old CRTs. HoTD4 uses an infra red gun with, IIRC, 8 infra red sensors spaced around the screen to triangulate the gun's position. These newer guns are compatible with new TVs such as those fancy HDTVs and will also work with CRTs because they use an external factor to determine positioning.
My PSP isn't "phat", YOU are. Fat.
Kotaku.com = UNRELIABLE LIARS.

User Info: Gitarooman

Gitarooman
12 years ago#8
time crisis 4 PS3 comes with a light gun that works for all TV. They should port this game to PS3 also.
  1. Boards
  2. The House of the Dead 4
  3. So.... IS THIS COMING OUT FOR CONSOLES OR NOT?!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A