Buying Trapezohedron or Waiting Drop Item

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Buying Trapezohedron or Waiting Drop Item

User Info: paladin947

paladin947
1 month ago#1
Honestly, I managed to get 15 Trapezohedron from farming Adamantoise and Adamantortoise. I never buy them. The platinum ingot I got is for upgrading the weapon to max level. Am I just lucky or not?

User Info: tiornys

tiornys
1 month ago#2
That depends on how many 'toises you've killed, honestly.

paladin947
1 month ago#3
Less than 100 kill count I suppose.

User Info: tiornys

tiornys
1 month ago#4
Pretty lucky then, yes.

paladin947
1 month ago#5
I play the PC version. I don't know if it has nothing to do with the version I play. When I played PS3 version, I hardly get Traps.

User Info: rama_sama

rama_sama
1 month ago#6
I have killed almost 500 adamantoises and they have dropped 35 trapz so far. That's roughly 6.5%. That's less than half of your trapz drop rate. Do you use a Connoisseur Catalog?

paladin947
1 month ago#7
Of course I put Connoisseur.

rama_sama
1 month ago#8
Haha I see.
I'd rather not use one since I'm all about the ingots, I have 37% Ingot drop rate with Collector Catalog.
Am I doing this right?

paladin947
1 month ago#9
it's up to you. i'd rather collect platinum ingot as well because i already have enough trap.

rama_sama
1 month ago#10
I meant, I'm only interested in platinum ingots. So my best bet is to equip a Collector Catalog and not a Connoisseur Catalog, so the chances of getting trapz don't increase and that of the ingots do.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Buying Trapezohedron or Waiting Drop Item

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived