i know it's the wrong board, but i have a question about the pc version

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. i know it's the wrong board, but i have a question about the pc version

User Info: arumagesuto

arumagesuto
1 month ago#1
The pc version forums appear to be dead, unfortunately. Regardless, I'll understand if this topic gets deleted. I'd like to ask for input on whether or not a laptop with an i3-5005, 8GB ram and intel hd graphics 5500 can run this (I'm aware it's crappy, just wondering if I could get some extra mileage out of my old laptop). Thanks!
Pokemon Y IGN: Edd, 3DS FC: 1821-9943-3387
FE Fates Castle: 14457 60946 29887 62176

User Info: iamBGS

iamBGS
1 month ago#2
I don't think anyone is going to report you for wrong board. This is the only one that sees even semi regular action anymore.

I don't know the first thing about graphics cards but my desktop runs it with this:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3700 CPU @ 3.400GHz 3.40GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 730

and 8GB ram. I don't have any trouble playing XIII on that.
0688 5336 2575 IGN/Mii = BGS | ITG/DDR streams at http://twitch.tv/iambgs
My MtG Cube = http://tappedout.net/mtg-cube-drafts/bgss-multicolor-madness/

User Info: DontStealMyFish

DontStealMyFish
1 month ago#3
arumagesuto posted...
The pc version forums appear to be dead, unfortunately. Regardless, I'll understand if this topic gets deleted. I'd like to ask for input on whether or not a laptop with an i3-5005, 8GB ram and intel hd graphics 5500 can run this (I'm aware it's crappy, just wondering if I could get some extra mileage out of my old laptop). Thanks!

Steam says the MINIMUM graphic requirements are:
Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® 8 Series/ ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 series VRAM 256MB or later

So I would not be surprised if your on board video doesn't do too well. But maybe you could play it at a lower resolution with low graphic settings. On board video cards from Intel aren't ideal for games.

User Info: Death_Master911

Death_Master911
1 month ago#4
I suggest going over to System requirements lab and running a check. It tells you if you meet the minimum/recommended standard to run the game you want.
PSN - Kaitsja | XBL Gamertag - Kaitsja | Currently playing Nioh | GMT+10 - AUS |

User Info: arumagesuto

arumagesuto
1 month ago#5
Turns out it runs surprisingly well, almost no framerate drops, so it's cool
Pokemon Y IGN: Edd, 3DS FC: 1821-9943-3387
FE Fates Castle: 14457 60946 29887 62176

User Info: enderall

enderall
1 month ago#6
arumagesuto posted...
Turns out it runs surprisingly well, almost no framerate drops, so it's cool

Good for you! I am playing it too and yes, my system just sits relaxed with this one. It's the "dungeon crawler not inside dungeons" Final Fantasy.
i3 6100, GIGABYTE Radeon Rx 480 8GB WINDFORCE, 2x4 GB RAM 2133 Mhz, EVGA 600w White PSU, Toshiba 500 GB HD, Riotoro CR 480, GIGABYTE Intel H110
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. i know it's the wrong board, but i have a question about the pc version

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived