Lightning Hope Fang Setup

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Lightning Hope Fang Setup

User Info: BazaelLuciferus

BazaelLuciferus
2 months ago#1
Paradigm - Lightning | Hope | Fang (Usage)

Aggression - COM | RAV | COM (Staggered Single Target Killer, switch with Relentless Assault/Smart Bomb)
Relentless Assault - RAV | RAV | COM (Stagger Build while switching with Decimation/Diversity)
Smart Bomb - RAV | RAV | SAB ((Staggered) Single Target Debuff/Dehib, switch with Relentless Assault/Aggression)
Decimation - RAV | SYN | COM (Buff Stagger Build, switch with Relentless Assault/Diversity)
Diversity - RAV | MED | COM (Healing Stagger Build, switch with Relentless Assault/Decimation)
Combat Clinic - MED | MED | SEN (Emergency Healing)

any and all suggestions and setups are welcome. oh and if anyone knows any good setups with Sazh, that'd be awesome
I am vengeance! I am the night! I AM FAPMAN!!!
PSN: burnmydread03

User Info: tiornys

tiornys
2 months ago#2
This looks like a good aggressive deck with one exception: Diversity should be something else. I favor either Guerrilla (RAV/SYN/SAB) for fights where you want both buffs and debuffs early on (SAB creates chain duration for the RAV) or Mystic Tower (RAV/RAV/SEN) if you really want a defensive chain-building paradigm. Alternately, open up RAV for Fang and give yourself access to Tri-Disaster in that slot.

Sazh has all sorts of good setups, mostly with Sazh as the leader so you can control his buffs and exploit his Blitz. Here's an aggressive setup similar to your L/H/F setup:

Sazh/Vanille/Snow
SYN/RAV/COM
RAV/SAB/COM
RAV/SAB/RAV
RAV/RAV/RAV
COM/RAV/COM
SYN/MED/SEN

And here's a boss-killing setup suitable for several tough fights:

Sazh/Vanille/Hope
SYN/MED/SYN
RAV/SAB/RAV
RAV/RAV/RAV
COM/RAV/COM*
COM/MED/MED
COM/MED/COM or RAV/RAV/MED or SYN/RAV/RAV or SYN/SAB/RAV

*: Hope's COM is super cheap to open and is worth consideration as soon as you hit chapter 11

BazaelLuciferus
2 months ago#3
Funnily enough, i actually did change Diversity to Variety (RAV | MED | SAB) because i wanted more access to Fang's SAB and it serves as another damage and healing role like Decimation. So now it's:

Variety - RAV | MED | SAB (Healing Dehib slight Stagger Build, Switch with Relentless Assault/Decimation)
I am vengeance! I am the night! I AM FAPMAN!!!
PSN: burnmydread03

BazaelLuciferus
2 months ago#4
truth be told, I'm kinda tired of missing out on the Cerberus paradigm. I've heard that sazh can be used as support, especially with lightning as the leader. know any good aggressive staggering decks with sazh in them?
And at the end of fear, Oblivion
PSN: BlackArcKiller09

tiornys
2 months ago#5
This is one of my favorite setups to use against the weaker enemies in chapters 10 and 11:

Lightning/Vanille/Sazh
COM/RAV/SYN
COM/SAB/RAV
RAV/SAB/RAV
RAV/RAV/RAV
COM/RAV/COM
MED/MED/SYN

Still no Cerberus unless you open up COM for Vanille, though. If you want access to both Tri-disaster and Cerberus, you're either giving up on having a Saboteur or you're developing secondary roles. Here's a good example of the former:

Lightning/Snow/Sazh
RAV/COM/SYN
RAV/RAV/SYN
RAV/RAV/RAV
RAV/RAV/RAV
COM/COM/SYN
COM/COM/COM

The absence of Medic is intentional. Lightning's Medic is pretty bad, so with this team I'd probably plan to lean on Potions (+Doctor's Code) and/or Renew if necessary. Alternately, MED/RAV/RAV, MED/COM/COM, and MED/SEN/(SYN or COM) are all decent options over the 2nd Tri-disaster.

BazaelLuciferus
2 months ago#6
if you had to choose between making hope a commando or sazh a medic, what would you pick? I've been wondering this for a while too. personally, I'm leaning more towards making hope a commando. like I said, I REALLY miss using Cerberus

tiornys
2 months ago#7
It takes less investment for Hope to be a Commando than for Sazh to be a Medic, since Hope's Ruin only costs 6000 CP while Sazh's Cure costs 42,000 CP. Furthermore, Hope needs literally nothing more than Ruin in order to be an effective Commando against single targets like bosses, whereas Sazh really wants Cura and/or Curasa in order to count himself as an effective Medic.

Opening Hope's COM with Ruin is by far the most efficient secondary dip in the game. Sazh can learn to be a good Medic, but it takes a lot of investment to get there.

BazaelLuciferus
2 months ago#8
Hello Commando my old friend. I've come to kill enemies with you again. f***ed up enough, I'm really only gonna do it for Cerberus. I might tap into Fang's Ravager too for Tri-Disaster

BazaelLuciferus
2 months ago#9
know what, nah, Relentless Assault and Smart Bomb have a place in my Paradigm Deck.

BazaelLuciferus
2 months ago#10
Paradigm - Lightning | Hope | Fang (Usage)

Cerberus - COM | COM | COM (Staggered Single Target Killer, switch with Relentless Assault/Smart Bomb)
Relentless Assault - RAV | RAV | COM (Stagger Build while switching with Decimation/Diversity)
Smart Bomb - RAV | RAV | SAB ((Staggered) Single Target Debuff/Dehib, switch with Relentless Assault/Aggression)
Decimation - RAV | SYN | COM (Buff Stagger Build, switch with Relentless Assault/Variety)
Variety - RAV | MED | SAB (Healing Dehib slight Stagger Build, Switch with Relentless Assault/Decimation)
Combat Clinic - MED | MED | SEN (Emergency Healing)

I also wanna have at least one Paradigm with a Medic for light to moderate healing while boosting the stagger.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Lightning Hope Fang Setup

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived