Help Me Finish This?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Help Me Finish This?

User Info: Shiang

Shiang
4 months ago#1
Hello everyone.

My relationship with this game has been long and complicated. I've started playing it twice, only to leave it for a year and return. Now, I still have a save at what I believe is close to the end of the game, and I'm determined to finish it.

If I post stats of where I'm up to, would you good people be able to give me advice about how to get through the rest of the game and actually finish it?
The last and final moment is yours,
That agony is your triumph...

User Info: KuroPuP

KuroPuP
4 months ago#2
Yep. There’re still some people on here who could lend a hand with gameplay advice. What are you having trouble with?

User Info: BazaelLuciferus

BazaelLuciferus
4 months ago#3
yeah
And at the end of fear, Oblivion
PSN: BlackArcKiller09

Shiang
4 months ago#4
Chapter 13: The Cradle Will Fall.

Lightning:
-HP: 1898
-Strength: 1372
-Magic: 1301
-Weapon: Gladius Lv. 22
-Accessories: Black Belt Lv. 3, Titanium Bangle Lv. 2, Tetradic Tiara *.
-Passive Abilities: Resist physical +14; HP+208; Auto-Tetradefense; Physical Wall: 5.
-Commando, Ravager and Medic: Level 4. Synergist: Level 1.

Fang:
-HP: 8455.
-Strength: 2018.
-Magic: 1059.
-Weapon: Glaive, Lv. 11.
-Accessories: Power Glove Lv. 1, Platinum Bangle Lv. 3, Warrior’s Wristband Lv. 2.
-Passive Abilities: Strength + 150, HP +420, Strength + 108, Physical Wall: 20.
-Commando, Sentinel, Saboteur: Level 4. Medic: Level 1.

Sazh:
-HP: 5451.
-Strength: 1725.
-Magic: 652.
-Weapon: Hyades Magnums Lv. 45.
-Accessories: Power Wristband Lv. 1, Warrior’s Wristband Lv. 1, Diamond Bangle Lv. 1.
-Passive Abilities: Silk Tiger, Strength + 20, Strength +100, HP + 500, Physical Wall: 5.
-Commando, Ravager, Synergist: 4. Medic: 1.

Vanille:
-HP: 7805.
-Strength: 1163.
-Magic: 1862.
-Weapon: Brightwing Staff Lv. 46.
-Accessories: Silver Bangle *, Sorcerer’s Mark LV. 1 and Lv. 2.
-Passive Abilities: HP+180, Magic + 100, Magic +108. Magic Wall: 10.
-Ravager, Saboteur, Medic: 4. Commando: 1.

Hope:
-HP: 6555.
-Strength: 905.
-Magic: 1625.
-Weapon: Airwing Level 4.
-Accessories: Platinum Bangle Lv. 1, Iron Bangle *, Titanium Bangle Lv. 1.
-Passive Abilities: Critical: Shield. HP + 400, 120, 200.
-Ravager, Synergist, Medic: 4. Commando, Saboteur: 1.

Snow:
-HP: 10200.
-Strength: 1239.
-Magic: 908.
-Weapon: Power Circle Lv. 1.
-Accessories: Gold Bangle Lv. 1, Tetradic Crown Lv. 1, Rune Bracelet Lv. 1.
-Passive Abilities: HP +250. Criticla: Tetradefense. Resist Magic +10%. Magic Wall: 5.
-Commando, Ravager, Sentinel: 4. Medic: 1.

--

Let me know if you need any more information. I'm currently on Gran Pulse, in Oerba: Ashensand. I've made it partway through a mission where you need to... unlock gates, I believe? In Orphan's Cradle? And one of them leads back to Gran Pulse? My last save date is 2015, so I'm a bit hazy on the details.

Anyway. Thank you all kindly!

User Info: tiornys

tiornys
4 months ago#5
I'm going to assume this is a typo:

Lightning:

Regardless, it sounds like you're in the middle of doing some optional stuff. In order to finish the game, you want to use the portal back to Cocoon that you can find in Vallis Media. You probably have Waystones (orange mission stones) unlocked that will let you teleport there, but if not, you can run back through Gran Pulse to get there (keep following the exclamation point).

You're strong enough to readily handle the remaining story bosses with decent strategies. If you run into issues with a particular boss, let us know which boss and we can help you adjust your strategy.

Shiang
4 months ago#6
tiornys posted...
I'm going to assume this is a typo:

Lightning:

Ah, correct. That was meant to be 8198. My mistake!

Regardless, it sounds like you're in the middle of doing some optional stuff. In order to finish the game, you want to use the portal back to Cocoon that you can find in Vallis Media. You probably have Waystones (orange mission stones) unlocked that will let you teleport there, but if not, you can run back through Gran Pulse to get there (keep following the exclamation point).

You're strong enough to readily handle the remaining story bosses with decent strategies. If you run into issues with a particular boss, let us know which boss and we can help you adjust your strategy.

I'm currently travelling back through Gran Pulse. I've just made it to the bottom of Taejin's Tower.

Do you have any advice for the clusters of enemies that appear in Orphan's Cradle? I remember struggling with them, quite badly, and becoming very frustrated with them.

tiornys
4 months ago#7
Shiang posted...
Do you have any advice for the clusters of enemies that appear in Orphan's Cradle? I remember struggling with them, quite badly, and becoming very frustrated with them.

Use more SAB skills.

Dagonites are annoying mostly because of their Rush attack. They only use that attack if they're buffed up, so you can use Dispel or Dispelga to clear their buffs and then kill them before they buff up again.

Sacrifices are annoying mostly because of Anathema and Death, both of which you can shut down by Fogging them.

Sanctum Templar's most dangerous attacks are Magic-based and can also be disabled by Fog. You can also Pain them if you want to completely shut them down.

Megrim Thresher is annoying regardless, but you can make things easier on yourself with Slow and Curse, and you can dramatically speed up the kill with Poison, Deprotect/Deshell, and Imperil + Enspells.

Aquila Velocycle is best handled by staggering it when it's charging up its Plasma Cannon attack, and then killing it during the stagger. Debuffs go a long way towards helping with that.

Shiang
4 months ago#8
Okay, thank you for the advice.

I'm thinking about Lightning/Fang/Vanille. Lightning as RAV, Fang and Vanille as SAB. So I'd enter the battle with that paradigm, and then once the enemies are staggered switch over to a combination of RAV/COM.

Yes? No?

tiornys
4 months ago#9
L/F/V can be a very effective team, especially if Light's SYN is up to at least Enthunder. However, no matter what team you go with, trying to boil down every fight into just two paradigms is likely to lead to problems.

I'd suggest something like this for most fights:
Light/Fang/Vanille
RAV/SAB/SAB
SYN/SAB/SAB
SYN/COM/RAV
COM/COM/COM
RAV/SEN/RAV (this really wants to be RAV/RAV/RAV, but your Fang doesn't have RAV open)
MED/SEN/MED

Shiang
4 months ago#10
Ah. No, I normally have multiple paradigms set up - but thank you for reminding me to check on them, and I'll definitely put the work into making sure that Fang can become a Ravager.

I'll get back to you on how I'm faring.

Also... what do I need to do to open the third gate? I'm back in Orphan's Cradle, and the third gate is just floating out of my reach. Do I need to finish more side quests, or have I missed something that I've meant to have done?

Thank you for your time!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Help Me Finish This?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived