Why its gameplay for this game so entertaining....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Why its gameplay for this game so entertaining....

User Info: Sr_Malicious

Sr_Malicious
4 months ago#1
Yet, the story for the game is brutal.
"Blame, your fate" -Kratos Aurion

User Info: Ecclesiastes273

Ecclesiastes273
4 months ago#2
Eh, I can only be told so much about how characters feel before I detach and rely on the setting and gameplay to entertain me instead.
I'm sure someone who loves hearing themselves talk will be in to help you out shortly -VanilleHopen

User Info: Carmelo

Carmelo
4 months ago#3
I didn’t give a crap about the story, the 10/10 settings music and gameplay more than enough compensated

User Info: siarnaqfrost

siarnaqfrost
4 months ago#4
I don't know why, I played a dozen of FF games all my life but this and Lightning Returns is my favorite all mind. The only game I really felt my heart was broken (second was Celes and her world 2 story). The gameplay is so good, the summons are really WHOAH! Alexander all the way! Gameplay needs a second playthrough to understand (im rather slow). I just can't bring myself to continue playing my sister's ff xv (she stopped after chapter 3 and played xiii-2 instead again).
Wattpad Writer // Gamer

User Info: coconut_cola

coconut_cola
4 months ago#5
The battles are fairly fast-paced, and I really like that different battles require different strategies (ex: boss fight with brutal attacks, use Fang to Slow it). I really missed using different characters in 13-2, 13-3 kind of made me mad. 15 is... I guess I've got to give it another chance once more updates hit.
But yeah, I remember when this game first came out, so many people were hardcore about it, all them Long Gui videos. I must have replayed this game tons of times, but I always find the battles entertaining to go through.

User Info: Sr_Malicious

Sr_Malicious
4 months ago#6
I can say with confidence that this is the first Final Fantasy game where I actually welcome the 'random encounters'.
"Blame, your fate" -Kratos Aurion

User Info: Carmelo

Carmelo
4 months ago#7
Sr_Malicious posted...
I can say with confidence that this is the first Final Fantasy game where I actually welcome the 'random encounters'.

I think part of this reason is that the encounters aren’t actually random at all; they’re hand-placed by the developers and generally have a specific level of escalation

User Info: Gaming_Esquire

Gaming_Esquire
4 months ago#8
Fantastic, addicting gameplay. I must have played more than half a dozen times. Everyone said there's no reason to replay it because it's on the rails with no variation.

But I disagree. Sure you can plow through the game once, but to master it, you have to really think about it. I'm playing through it again and I'm still finding new tricks and angles. I die a little every time I get less than 5 stars and I want to master it next time.

Some of the story - ok a lot of the story- is too slow and talk-y. But some of the scenes are truly incredible. In fact, I don't think I own any games on ps4 that have the level of graphics of FF13 from 8 years ago on the 360. It holds up.

And given how the 13 series declined after this, and given the abortion that is 15, 13 is currently the last true, classic FF game out there.
Xenogears Sound and Drama Project
https://youtu.be/Nf8x6GtqIas
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Why its gameplay for this game so entertaining....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived