• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Experience Calculator

User Info: SlimJimGuyMan

SlimJimGuyMan
10 years ago#1
I put together an Excel workbook that will, among other things, help you calculate how much experience a weapon needs until it is maxed out (Level *). You select the weapon from a list and type in the numbers from the upgrade screen in the game. It also has data on all the weapons and components and some other stuff. Hopefully somebody finds this useful.

Download it: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5219713/FF_XIII.xls
Lob Omen! Follow me!

User Info: AmethystEnd

AmethystEnd
10 years ago#2
Thanks. I was manually calculating every weapon <_<. This helps a lot.
My Aquamarine; My Distant Blue

User Info: trunks76140

trunks76140
10 years ago#3
Nice, I was actually just about to ask if anyone had something like this... You need to manually add in the xp to next level though, but other than that I think it's pretty accurate. Saying my level 30 Ultima needs like 100k more xp, which since lvl 30 taks 9.3k 100k sounds right. I also like how you broke down the components for the buy/sell to xp thing. Makes buying components much easier for those who didn't know about some of those. I would suggest moving that closer over to the main page with the calc if you could though... be much more handy there.

trunks76140
10 years ago#4
Well I can't speak for all the weapons... but I just confirmed Ultima Weapon is correct.

Something else that would be nice is a box somewhere on the calculator that shows what the catalyst is to make it transform. That'd be handy also. I know it's there in the weapon table, but keeping everything compact there would be nice.

SlimJimGuyMan
10 years ago#5
Yeah, I know that's not ideal that you have to type in the "denominator" part but the way it works it needs to know the experience required to get from level 1 to level 2 on a weapon, which is available data for tier 1 weapons. But, since tier 2 and 3 weapons don't start out life at level 1 it needs to be calculated, and so it's calculated it based on the current experience required for the next level. It just needs _something_ to go by. The numbers could be calculated and compiled and then I could eliminate that field, but I doubt I'm going to do that. I will be making other updates though.

Otherwise yeah I got tired of manually calculating stuff too, hence this. I have tested it with several different weapons and can say that it works and stuff.

Something else that would be nice is a box somewhere on the calculator that shows what the catalyst is to make it transform.

Done. Redownload for the changes.
Lob Omen! Follow me!

User Info: AmethystEnd

AmethystEnd
10 years ago#6
Seriously great. Please add all updates to this thread so I can make sure to check back.
My Aquamarine; My Distant Blue

trunks76140
10 years ago#7
Thanks, I think that box is a nice change personally.

As for the calculation thing... Isn't it a set amount that the exp needed goes up by? So once you knew that number wouldn't it be easy enough to figure out the "level 1" value for tier 2 and 3 weapons? Like say it takes 300 more exp each time, thats set in stone. So if at level 10 it needed 30k exp to level to 11, wouldn't subtracting 2700 work? That gives us a level 1 of 27,300, which then should (although I haven't done the math) go up to the 30k for 10-11. I'm not sure how all the calculations work in the spreadsheet, and tbh there isn't anything wrong per-say with needing to enter that, but if thats the way it works (should be easy enough to test, just raise something one level a couple times) wouldn't it be easy enough to add that in?

User Info: ssk9716757

ssk9716757
10 years ago#8
Thanks for this, it's really helpful.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f48/johnnycharge1234/routine.jpg
http://thatcrazymotomu.blogspot.com Final Fantasy XIII Development Journal

SlimJimGuyMan
10 years ago#9
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

SlimJimGuyMan
10 years ago#10
So if at level 10 it needed 30k exp to level to 11, wouldn't subtracting 2700 work?

That would work, but it doesn't know that at level 10 it needs 3k exp. Say it did and we subtracted the 2700, leaving 300, meaning it takes 300 exp to get from level 1 to 2. The 300 is the number that it doesn't know, so it makes you type it in :)
Lob Omen! Follow me!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Experience Calculator
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A