• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Nomura Confirms Airships and World Map Again

User Info: DrewFields88

DrewFields88
10 years ago#1
http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/18/nomura-versus-xiii-will-have-world-map-airships/

Linearity? Like Final Fantasy XIII? Tetsuya Nomura spits at you! Apooey!

The Final Fantasy Versus XIII director has revealed the game will have a world map and airships to travel with.

Speaking in a Twitter interview with Square Enix producer Shinji Yoshimoto, he said:

“Not everything is connected together, so the various areas have different levels of progress. However, you can fly across the world map in an air ship.”

When asked what the current “state” was with the game, as well as other FNC title Final Fantasy Agito XIII and The Third Birthday, he couldn’t say.

“I’m being stopped by producer Hashimoto,” said Nomura.

The game’s gone properly underground since a new trailer last April, bar a small appearance at Tokyo Game Show last September with a tech demo. A new trailer was shown behind closed doors at Jump Fiesta last December, promising “Revelation will come next time”.

Nomura did promise last October Versus XIII would be at E3 this summer if the development team was “quick enough”, but that looks like it may potentially not make it.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII, going at this current rate, will be released as a PlayStation 3 exclusive in the year 3000.
Gandalf the Istari 10 years ago#2
I want to say I'm hopeful.... and I'll definitely play it - but I can't lie and say I'm enthused that Nomura is directing...

User Info: sephiroth1307

sephiroth1307
10 years ago#3
lololol
@(o.O)@

User Info: kazzus

kazzus
10 years ago#4
Technically, you could also "fly across the world map in an airship" in FFX. This doesn't really confirm anything.
~ But there's no sense crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake ~

User Info: LenneValkyrie

LenneValkyrie
10 years ago#5
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: SSJGrimReaper

SSJGrimReaper
10 years ago#6

No no no and no!
thats soooo old fashioned!

I caught a Lenne post!
Big Apple, 3 AM
Wise men say, 'forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.'

User Info: DrewFields88

DrewFields88
10 years ago#7
i dont think he means "technically" smart guy.

User Info: Intern3st

Intern3st
10 years ago#8
Wait, his wiki says he's responsible for the "Original story" of Final Fantasy VII. Does this mean he wrote the story for 7?
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/Xenteko/mbp/RikaxS.png

User Info: LTxLegendary

LTxLegendary
10 years ago#9
How is versus related to 13, can someone explain?

User Info: Cowboys4u86

Cowboys4u86
10 years ago#10

Wait, his wiki says he's responsible for the "Original story" of Final Fantasy VII. Does this mean he wrote the story for 7?

Yes.
http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/us/_/us_uk_dominator/card5.png
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Nomura Confirms Airships and World Map Again
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A