• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Battle speed doesn't affect Target Time?

User Info: rlbond86

rlbond86
10 years ago#1
I can't tell for sure, but it seems the target time is the same no matter which battle speed you've selected. Does anyone know if this is true and why it works this way?

User Info: gansta325

gansta325
10 years ago#2
I don't think it does, I once put my battle speed on slow and I ended up getting one star in what would be a four-five star battle if it was on normal

User Info: HeroDobby

HeroDobby
10 years ago#3
nope no change. its another one of the game's flaws. its minor though
Playing; Valkyria Chronicles, CODMW2, FFXIII
Who'da thunk?- Sazh

User Info: mogbert

mogbert
10 years ago#4
It does not, if you choose the setting for slower ATB, you will get worse drops throughout the game.

I feel this is a bug.
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with bullets, lots and lots of bullets.

User Info: Alias_Nemesis

Alias_Nemesis
10 years ago#5
NO WONDERRR!!!1 its been odd, my brother (who plays at normal speed) ALWAYS get more stars!!
PSN : Dudecough
currently playing : Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy XIII, Persona 4 & Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

User Info: glarson005

glarson005
10 years ago#6
stars only determine the amount of TP you get back correct?

User Info: glarson005

glarson005
10 years ago#7
ignore above, just checked the manual and stars do determine your spoils

User Info: HeroDobby

HeroDobby
10 years ago#8
more stars the better drop rates
Playing; Valkyria Chronicles, CODMW2, FFXIII
Who'da thunk?- Sazh

User Info: Deus_ex_Necare

Deus_ex_Necare
10 years ago#9
It's not a bug. Think about it: part of the skill requirement in this combat system is your ability to make quick decisions and fluid changes in battle, whether it's early activation, canceling out, or the optima-change/paradigm-shift cancel trick. By setting battle speed to slow, you're effectively lowering the game's difficulty, as such, your rewards are diminished.

I think it makes perfect, logical sense, actually.
PS3 Running 24/7 since: 30 JAN 2008
EULA: By reading this post and associated disclaimer, you are consenting to agree with the opinions disclosed within.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Battle speed doesn't affect Target Time?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A