• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. OMG! FFXIV already in development! BIG INFO on the game inside!

User Info: GZay2Stay

GZay2Stay
11 years ago#1
Big rumour this one! The following rumour come from an anonymous poster on 2Ch. It pays big to browse there occasionally. Some good **** always comes up time after time! Gotta love rumours straight from Japan, especially when they're anonymous posters.

Here's a translation of the key points:

- It's going to be announced with a teaser CGI trailer at SQUARE ENIX PARTY 2009. The official Japanese release date of FFXIII will also be announced at this event. The first SQEX Party was in 2005 then another in 2007 and the next in 2009. They have the event every 2 years in the Tokyo Game Show convention building called the Makuhari Messe.

- Again, PS3 only in Japan but for 360 and PS3 in USA and Europe.

- Being developed by the FFXII team but will not be set in Ivalice. It will be a completely new world.

- Has been in early stages of development since the release of FFXII: Zodiac Job System (August 2007).

- It's using Crystal Tools.

- Being directed by Hiroyuki Itou.

- Scenario being written by Hiroshi Minagawa.

- Art director will be Isamu Kamikokuryo (He's definitely becoming the new Yusuke Naora, I mean XII, XIII and now XIV?)

- Character design by Akihiko Yoshida.

- Music by Kumi Tanioka (Yay! She got a promotion! Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles OST FTW!). Main Theme is by Nobuo Uematsu.

- ADB system is coming back but using the FFXIII animation system therefore meaning seamless battles with no transitions but the animations will be like FFXIII (Therefore like FFVII: AC). Management called for Gambits being axed from the series due to too much controversy from fans worldwide (sad news about Gambits IMO).

- Hiroshi Minagawa is currently not on the project though he's writing the story. He is leading part of the FFXII team in making Vagrant Story from the ground up for PSP. Hitoshi Sakamoto making new music for the Vagrant Story remake. It's part of Ivalice Alliance and Akitoshi Kawazu will be Executive Producer.

- Seeing as the FF main series brings in the most money and SQEX really want to grow as a company, the management have decided to permanently make the FFXII team a main series FF development team. The Kitase team is no longer the only official main series FF team, there are now two. The reason is to get main series FF games out as quickly as possible like every 2 years while both teams can spend 4 years on a game and therefore have it be a high quality product. Hiroyuki Itou will lead this new team while Yoshinori Kitase will continue to lead the current one. (This idea is freaking genius! More decisions like this please Yoichi Wada!)

This is probably all a lie by some hardcore Japanese fan but it feels great to actually see info on FFXIV already being thrown around.
FFXII > FFX.
FFX was a linear interactive movie. FFXII was a video game with a vast explorable world.

User Info: Onmi

Onmi
11 years ago#2
I believe you will understand if I take all of this with about as much credibility as swiss cheese

User Info: Teh_Sean

Teh_Sean
11 years ago#3
I heard FFXX was in development aswell?

We're due for a trailer in 2020. :{}
MGO: KFC
Jonathanthe1: Who needs girls when you have Pamela HANDerson

GZay2Stay
11 years ago#4
Hey you don't have to believe the news, I don't believe it either but I do think some parts do sound credible.

The point is that info about XIV is already being thrown around by Japanese fans which means an announcement must be imminent.
FFXII > FFX.
FFX was a linear interactive movie. FFXII was a video game with a vast explorable world.

User Info: HanWuTi

HanWuTi
11 years ago#5
I doubt that an announcement about XIV would be coming any time soon..

We still have 2-3 unnamed XIII games.
Music: Suffer - Global Warming EP / StarGazer - The Scream that Tore the Sky
DEATH > BLACK

User Info: THE metal gear

THE metal gear
11 years ago#6
Hahaha, this is such total BS.

Anyway, it is NOT the "FFXII team" without Hitoshi Sakimoto, he is together with Matsuno the person who gives the most identity to FFT, Vagrant Story, Tactics Ogre, FFXII, FFTA, etc.

Akihiko Yoshida is the only key person there who is really part of the "FFXII team".
"Halls of justice painted green, money talking. Power wolves beset your door, hear them stalking " Metallica - ...And Justice For All

GZay2Stay
11 years ago#7
I doubt that an announcement about XIV would be coming any time soon..

We still have 2-3 unnamed XIII games.

They can all co-exist. We were getting FFXII and FFVII spin-offs at the same time. Why can't we get XIII spin-offs and XIV around the same time?
FFXII > FFX.

User Info: Onmi

Onmi
11 years ago#8
You don't need JP. posters to make you think FFXIV is coming out, it is as inevitable as the ******* tides.

and yeah, all there other games need love!

User Info: THE metal gear

THE metal gear
11 years ago#9
The point is that info about XIV is already being thrown around by Japanese fans which means an announcement must be imminent.

Japanese fans know absolutely nothing more than non-Japanese fans.
"Halls of justice painted green, money talking. Power wolves beset your door, hear them stalking " Metallica - ...And Justice For All

User Info: HanWuTi

HanWuTi
11 years ago#10
I still doubt it, the XIII teams are swamped and needed M$ to fund their projects, so I still doubt they have the man power to start developing XIV, maybe a draft, but no.
Music: Suffer - Global Warming EP / StarGazer - The Scream that Tore the Sky
DEATH > BLACK
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. OMG! FFXIV already in development! BIG INFO on the game inside!
  • Topic Archived